Major Arcana Cards for American Presidents & UK Monarchs

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 9:51 am

This is something interesting I came up with a long time ago using the tarot Major Arcana cards to figure out the kind of world leaders we get baser on their rank from the time their governments are officially founded to the present.

I'll give a few examples of how I use this method with the monarchs of the UK and the US presidents.

The only card I would not use from the Major Arcana is "The Fool", because it ranks as 0 the abscense of all numbers.

However the first founder of each nation ranks as Number 1 "The Magician". The one who posesses the tools before him (or her) to build a new government.

For the US that would be George Washington, and for the UK that would be Queen Anne.

King George III, the fourth British Monarch, would rank as "The Emperor".

America's 16th president, Abraham Lincoln. Would rank as "The Tower". It kinda makes sense because The Tower means chaos and destruction and the American Civil War was the most violent and destructive war fought on our own soil (so far...)

Queen Victoria, the 7th Monarch of the UK, would be "The Chariot". The card of conquest and victory. In fact ironically the name "Victoria" literally means "Victorious".

Queen Elizabeth II ranks number 12 as "The Hanged Man".

Her son, King Charles III, unfortunately ranks as the "Death" card as the 13th Monarch. We all know he hasn't held the throne long and already has a cancer diagnosis...

Now for sone slightly complex ranks. Any leader who's rank passes the 21 other Major Arcana cards, you simply add their numbers together until you get a number that fits one of the Major Arcana cards.

For example...

Theodore Roosevelt ranked as the 26th President of the United States. 6 + 2 = 8 which. makes him the "Strength" card.

Also John F. Kennedy the 35th president would also rank under this card, as would the 44th president Barack Obama.

Richard Nixon as the 37th President would rank as the 10th Major Arcana "Wheel of Fortune". So does Joe Biden as the 46th president.

George W. Bush the 43rd President also ranks as "The Chariot" when you add 4 + 3 = 7. It's a card I link to war and conquest and he became notorious for his "War on Terror".

Ronald Reagan as the 40th president. 4 + 0 also ranks him as number 4 aka "The Emperor".

Bill Clinton the 42nd president is the most amusing in my opinion. He ranks as Number 6 aka "The Lovers". Yeah go figure. :lol:

And finally we have Donald Trump the 45th president. 5 + 4 = 9 which ranks him as "The Hermit". He certainly embodies all the negative traits of this card given the fact that he wishes to turn the US into an isolationist society.

Now for a little prediction about what the next US President and British Monarch will bring to their leadership.

The next US president will rank as the 47th. 7 + 4 = 11 making them the "Justice" card.

The next British Monarch to follow after King Charles will rank as 14. Making them "Temperance".

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 9:56 am

Your above post was an interesting read, RDF! :D

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 10:15 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

Glad you think so. 8)

And this same concept can be applied to other world leaders too provided there's enough concrete evidence to figure out who was in charge and in what order. :)

Maybe i'll try this with the UK's prime ministers? I'm curious to see where Margaret Thatcher ranks. :chin:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 10:34 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Glad you think so. 8)

And this same concept can be applied to other world leaders too provided there's enough concrete evidence to figure out who was in charge and in what order. :)

Maybe i'll try this with the UK's prime ministers? I'm curious to see where Margaret Thatcher ranks. :chin:

You should definitely do it for UK prime ministers. I shall watch this space! :)

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 11:59 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Glad you think so. 8)

You should definitely do it for UK prime ministers. I shall watch this space! :)

I'm still trying to figure out how best to calculate them by rank of card...

Apparently many of the UK government's prime ministers served multiple terms at different times so I'm trying to figure out if I should count all those extra terms they served or if I should only count the individuals in the order that they became PM the first time...

Hmm which do you think would work best? :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 1:27 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Glad you think so. 8)

I'm still trying to figure out how best to calculate them by rank of card...

Apparently many of the UK government's prime ministers served multiple terms at different times so I'm trying to figure out if I should count all those extra terms they served or if I should only count the individuals in the order that they became PM the first time...

Hmm which do you think would work best? :)

I would go for the latter option for the sake of including as much information as possible, although I am not sure if that would mess with your system a bit, perhaps?

Either way, it would be fun to see the results. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 1:38 pm

I'm just waiting for a Cnut card. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 1:53 pm

I'm worrying somewhat about the precise nature of the "justice" that will be visited upon us in the near future...

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I'm worrying somewhat about the precise nature of the "justice" that will be visited upon us in the near future...

I feel ya. Each tarot card emodies both a positive and negative trait. And the way I see it the most negative aspect of "Justice" is petty revenge.

We all know that's exactly what Trump's whole campaign is about. :|

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:08 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut

Aka Canute the Great.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut

Aka Canute the Great.

Wow, he actually sounds really interesting. :)

I'll see if I can figure out a system for determining his card too when I get enough time to sit and think. :wtg:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 10:20 pm

Ok! I finally got around to trying to figure out some of the Major Arcana cards for the Prime Ministers of the UK.

I'm going for the exact order in which they came into power and the number of times they served too. :)

Sooo.... here we go.

I'm basing this information on Wikipedia btw.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lis ... d_Kingdom#

Winston Churchill I think was both the 61rst and the 63rd Prime Minister (If I'm counting right... please correct me if im wrong?)

6 + 1 = 7 marking him under "The Chariot".

His second term however, 6 + 3 = marking him under "The Hermit".

My take on this is that it signifies the dual aspects of his leadership. On the one hand he was very much a leader needed during a time of war. Like The Chariot leading armies into battle, and The Hermit implies some kind of introspective where he looked inside himself and reflected on any past mistakes to do what simply needed to be done.

And although he and Trump are very different animals, The Hermit card could also imply some of that same selfishiness as Trump's mark. From what I understand Churchill treated the people of India like garbage, and I get the feeling he looked down on anybody who wasn't British, including his own allies.

Margaret Thatcher aka "The Iron Lady" was the 71rst Prime Minister.

7 + 1 = 8 making her the "Strength" card. Considering that this card always depicts a woman gently taming a ferocious lion by her side... that seems a fitting card for her. Despite her flaws no doubt she certainly wasn't a lady to mess with!

Now for some of the more recent ones...

Boris Johnson was the 77th.

7 + 7 = 14 which would make him "Temperance". Temperance card is the winged angel mixing two goblets of liquid together.

Temperance card is about the virtue of doing without pleasurable goods... which isn't Boris Johnson given the "partygate" scandal. :lol:

I guess that could mean he embodied this card in reverse?

Liz Truss the third female PM. ....who only held power for a couple months. She was the 78th Prime Minister.

8 + 7 = 15 making her "The Devil".

I'm not quite sure how that relates to this woman to be honest... The Devil is a card that usually refers to addictive behaviors that keep humans from achieving enlightentment or progressing forward. Sometimes it's also a card of just plain evil and malice.

Maybe this unfortunate card reflects on the political situation of the United Kingdom surrounding her very short time in power? Being an American I'm no expert on British politics, but I've heard Boris Johnson created a mess for his country through Brexit...

Now for the current PM Rishi Sunak. The 79th British Prime Minister.

9 + 7 = 16 making him "The Tower".

.... that's a VERY bad sign for his leadership and for the UK. :|

Just how bad are things getting in the UK if you don't mind me asking?

Anyways those are the only Prime Ministers I really know about. Maybe you could recommend some others whose cards I can look up? :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 11:57 pm

what does the English PM's tower card mean for him ?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 12:09 am

auntblabby wrote:
what does the English PM's tower card mean for him ?

The Tower is about disaster, calamity, ruin, violence, etc. It's a card inspired by the Tower of Babel myth when a group of people tried to build a giant tower to reach the heavens and "the divine" saw this as blasphemous so the tower was destroyed by a bolt of lightening and the people who tried to build the tower were cursed to where they couldn't understand each other when they spoke (which in my opinion could simply mean they no longer agreed on anything and thus their civilization collapased or was torn apart by war).

Our US president, Abraham Lincoln, also was marked by this card during the American Civil War which literally tore this country in half and we never truly healed from that war as a nation. Although he did manage to put the Union back together he was assassinated.

I'm not saying Mr. Sunuk will suffer the exact same fate, but this card would imply that the whole country is in trouble. :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 12:55 am

let us hope he can pull an abe Lincoln for his nation.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 8:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
let us hope he can pull an abe Lincoln for his nation.

Like I said it wouldn't be the exact same caae as what Lincoln went through during the Civil War. But it's an indicator that his government and country are both in a huge mess right now and on the brink of collapse...