Major Arcana Cards for American Presidents & UK Monarchs

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 9:00 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
let us hope he can pull an abe Lincoln for his nation.

Like I said it wouldn't be the exact same caae as what Lincoln went through during the Civil War. But it's an indicator that his government and country are both in a huge mess right now and on the brink of collapse...

This sounds a lot like where the UK is right now.

The UK is suffering from slow growth, but mostly the problems that the UK have are due to an excessive amount of wealth inequality. The rich have been getting richer for decades, and amongst the working classes, there is a crisis of housing affordability, similar to the situation in other countries.

The NHS, which people rely on for their healthcare needs in the UK and which people pay out of their tax contributions whilst working (which lowers wages effectively in exchange for 'free' healthcare) is in a mess. Waiting times are exorbitant and sometimes threaten the life of patients. The service has been underfunded for years and is being gutted by the privatization and selling off of various parts of it. The Conservative party in the UK wants to move towards an insurance based system, doing away with 'free' healthcare.

Public services in general have also been wildly underfunded for decades and places across the country are literally falling apart due to a lack of funding. Councils are going bust due to not being profitable with all the work they have cut out for them, with not enough allocated funds to cover their running costs.

The list goes on, but the exploding tower seems apt. :lol:

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 13 Mar 2024, 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 9:04 am

Thank you for your previous post with the cards and UK prime ministers, RDF. :D

You could also look up the cards for John Major, Tony Blair, Theresa May, David Cameron, Gordon Brown, Edward Heath & Harold Wilson (this list isn't ordered by date).

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 9:16 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

You could also look up the cards for John Major, Tony Blair, Theresa May, David Cameron, Gordon Brown, Edward Heath & Harold Wilson (this list isn't ordered by date).

Glad you enjoyed it! :D And I will definetly look up those other Prime Ministers you listed. :)

Yeah The Tower is unfortunately a very bad card (probably regarded as the worst card in the Major Arcana from what I understand).

But if it makes you feel better, the next prime minister will be the 80th. 8 + 0 = 8 meaning they will be under the "Strength" card.

Hopefully he or she will use that strength to do the right thing and restore the UK to its former glory. :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 9:19 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it! :D And I will definetly look up those other Prime Ministers you listed. :)

Yeah The Tower is unfortunately a very bad card (probably regarded as the worst card in the Major Arcana from what I understand).

But if it makes you feel better, the next prime minister will be the 80th. 8 + 0 = 8 meaning they will be under the "Strength" card.

Hopefully he or she will use that strength to do the right thing and restore the UK to its former glory. :)

I hope so! :)

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 9:22 am

Also I just want to add I love the fact that Margaret Thatcher's card was also "Strength". I understand why some people didnt like her, but they obviously didn't call her "The Iron Lady" for nothing! 8)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 9:23 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Also I just want to add I love the fact that Margaret Thatcher's card was also "Strength". I understand why some people didnt like her, but they obviously didn't call her "The Iron Lady" for nothing! 8)

That's true, haha.

She was certainly a force to be reckoned with.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 10:04 am

Lol indeed she was. 8)

I'm about to get started trying to figure out the Major Arcana cards for those other British PMs you listed. I also recommend you check out this thread I made comparing world leaders and famous people to the Court Cards (the Kings, Queens, and Jacks/Knaves).

It's pretty interesting too. :)

viewtopic.php?t=419467

Last edited by RedDeathFlower13 on 13 Mar 2024, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 10:48 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

Here I go! :)

John Major was the the 72nd PM

7 + 2 = 9 marking him as "The Hermit"

Tony Blair was the 73rd PM.

7 + 3 = 10 making him "Wheel of Fortune".

Theresa May (the 2nd female Prime Minister) was the 76th.

7 + 6 = 13 marking her under the "Death" card.

David Cameron was the 75th.

7 + 5 marks his leadership under "The Hanged Man".

Gordon Brown was 74th

7 + 4 = 11 marking him under the "Justice" card

Eduard Heath was the 68th PM.

8 + 6 = 14 making him "Temperance"

Harold Wilson served two terms as the 67th and 69th Prime Minister.

His first term, 7 + 6 = 13 which is "Death"

His second term, 9 + 6 = 15 which is "The Devil".

Since you probably know more about these leaders than I do, what do you think those cards say about the leadership of each Prime Minister? :)

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 3:13 pm

Sorry that I didnt post any pictures in the last post. Doing so is exhausting with my smartphone. :|