Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 5:23 pm

Did you ever believe in the Easter Bunny?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 6:12 pm

No, anyway when I was a child, the Easter Bunny bringing us chocolate eggs was a tradition totally unknown in Poland - just like the Tooth Fairy, he was the invention from all those numerous American movies I watched as a kid :) The same goes for Halloween back then - it was not celebrated here at all, unlike now.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 6:36 pm

No. Nobody ever told me it was real, and I only had a very vague idea what it was supposed to be or do. When I was given Easter eggs, the donors always owned their donor status to me, and I was expected to thank them.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 6:39 pm

I used to believe in a lot of things. Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, God, etc.

But like a kidney stone everything passes eventually. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Mar 2024, 8:26 pm

I never believed in him nor similar icons like Santa. However adults thought I did because I just went along when adults brought them up.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 8:59 pm

I did, but then I moved somewhere with coyotes. :skull:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 9:41 pm

I've believed in that great German icon as a child and I still do.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 9:48 pm

I'm more fascinated in Ostara, the Germanic Fertility Goddess of Spring who was linked to rabbits and hares as her sacred animals.

Her ancient feasts were what eventually became known as Easter in Christianity. :albino:

Lovely woman

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 11:46 pm

uhmm.. Happy Ostara day...?

no one even explained Easter to me well enough to understand..was told that it was a Christian or Catholic holiday?
Something to do with the ressurection? i think ? but with a rabbit? ...... and colourful baskets with chocolate and dyed hardboiled eggs ? That seemed to vanish after, was given the basket with phoney plastic shredded green grass.
But Am not going to complain ! :mrgreen: ..Some of those Easter things wrre chocolate, And " No Way "
was I gonna pass that up.....but not having family anymore or children , for it to matter to? And as you age , you find that most chocolates are not that good for your health :( ....i miss the younger days briefly once in a while.
Mum even had me dressed up in my prettiest dresses , all shiney and clean looking. Going to Church.
Maybe a special Easter ham.. meal ..,and relatives might come over and visit . Only time I met my actual Grandmother.
Would almost appreciate my naivete coming back :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 11:07 am

Yes I did, and now it feels really silly and cringy. Believing in Santa Claus is one thing. Believing a human-sized cartoon rabbit in a tuxedo was coming to bring eggs and chocolate and even a toy or two was another.

Even so, I still get goodies at Easter. And my dad would, too.

Jason Thayer
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Mar 2024, 11:55 am

St Nicholas makes more sense, after all he actually existed. But yeah, I outgrew my Easter Bunny belief fast. Still believe in God, so I await your snide remarks.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 12:03 pm

Did someone call me?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 12:15 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Did someone call me?

:D :D :D :D ...Love the New Avatar Cockney Rebel....... :D :D :D :D A Austrian Alpine cuteness.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 1:24 pm

The Easter Bunny is an arbitrary invention. Santa Claus on the other hand, is based on someone who actually existed.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Mar 2024, 2:07 pm

Jakki wrote:
uhmm.. Happy Ostara day...?

no one even explained Easter to me well enough to understand..was told that it was a Christian or Catholic holiday?
Something to do with the ressurection? i think ? but with a rabbit? ...... and colourful baskets with chocolate and dyed hardboiled eggs ? That seemed to vanish after, was given the basket with phoney plastic shredded green grass.
But Am not going to complain ! :mrgreen: ..Some of those Easter things wrre chocolate, And " No Way "
was I gonna pass that up.....but not having family anymore or children , for it to matter to? And as you age , you find that most chocolates are not that good for your health :( ....i miss the younger days briefly once in a while.
Mum even had me dressed up in my prettiest dresses , all shiney and clean looking. Going to Church.
Maybe a special Easter ham.. meal ..,and relatives might come over and visit . Only time I met my actual Grandmother.
Would almost appreciate my naivete coming back :roll:
My family is Catholic & I went to a couple Catholic schools & I never understood what a rabbit delivering eggs had to do with Jesus either till South Park explained it :mrgreen:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 2:13 pm

Now, maybe ..wait a minute here ..the Easter bunny was fictional to me at one time , then the New place i moved into had low ground cover about a 10x40 foot size and for a few years consistently ,in April .. got the blessing of seeing .
Afew baby rabbits bouncing around and their mother watching from a few feet away . . . . Until two neighbours next doors got some teenage cats and as they grew they made quick work of the baby bunnies ..Then as they grew all bunny rabbits disappeared ,,, used to be pretty SURE that house cats, were suppose to be house cats not semi wild cats , destroying the ecosystem of the rabbits ..now , we have Raccoons which are a match for any cat. but are destructive.
So yes , at least at my home during those times , There were Easter bunnies of sorts :roll: .. Even if they were Cotton Tails. :heart:
But those are far cuter than the Jackrabbits .Whom are aloof in my opinion .And more Wary of other lifeforms. 8O
All this was long after I grew up though. :mrgreen:

What..Whats this other post say....something like , my Catholic Easter bunny ! Does not Lay Eggs ..? humpf..!
Probably written by a defector from the " Hare Club for men"