Queen Boudica or Empress Jingu?
Boudica 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Jingu 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 10:25 pm

Which of these legendary warrior queens would win in a battle to the death? :viking:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 10:51 pm

For those who don't know who these women were.

Boudica was a Celtic Queen who's husband was betrayed by a Roman statesman after his death and she and her daughters were brutally raped and humilated. After this terrible incident she managed to raise a very large army of British Celts and led them in a violent rebellion against the Romans occupying the British Isles. She was viewed as a symbol of British strength and courage.

Jingu on the other hand was a Japanese Empress who ruled after her husband's death as regent and was said to have doned heavy armor and a sword and led her own army into invading her enemies The Koreans who she blamed for her husband's death. She became viewed as a symbol of Japanese Imperialism and was the first woman to be featured on a Japanese banknote.

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 12:36 am

You. Don't. F. With. Boudica. She. F's. back. HARD.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 1:44 am

Queen Baodica died in 61 A.D.  Empress Jingu was born in 169 A.D.  That is 108 years separating the two.  There is no way they could have met in a real battle.

But if you want to simulate a hypothetical battle between the two, you should at least construct a quantified statcard for each.  These statcards should be based on valid empirical statistics, and not on subjective opinions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 7:53 am

Fnord wrote:
Queen Baodica died in 61 A.D.  Empress Jingu was born in 169 A.D.  That is 108 years separating the two.  There is no way they could have met in a real battle.

I think Boudica's corpse would still have kicked Jingu's a$$.

Fnord wrote:
But if you want to simulate a hypothetical battle between the two, you should at least construct a quantified statcard for each.  These statcards should be based on valid empirical statistics, and not on subjective opinions.

Throw Joan of Arc on the pile too. Come to think of it, that would have been one of the last phrases she heard...

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 8:49 am

Never antagonize any woman who could answer the question "Oh yeah? You and what army?" :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 12:10 pm

I'd like to see Jingu win. I think the Japanese are Sweet Peas and I think Sweet Peas deserve to win.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 12:20 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'd like to see Jingu win. I think the Japanese are Sweet Peas and I think Sweet Peas deserve to win.

So would I, because I find Japanese culture and history fascinating. 8)

Although to be honest the Japanese werent always as sweet as you think either. Their society has flaws just like any other society in our world.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 5:16 pm

Peaches to pears.

Jingu was herself the aggressor who lead Japan in an invasion of a neighboring nation in Japan's own "weight class": Korea.

Boudicca was a freedom fighter like G. Washington, or like Spartacus, against a mighty global empire.

She was comparable to Bar Kohva...the male leader of the last of the Three Jewish Revolts against Rome.

Almost contemporary but on opposite ends of the Roman Empire both Boudicca and Bar Kohva came within a hair's breadth to free their respective peoples from Roman occupation...only to be mercilessly crushed in the end.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 5:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Peaches to pears.

Jingu was herself the aggressor who lead Japan in an invasion of a neighboring nation in Japan's own "weight class": Korea.

Boudicca was a freedom fighter like G. Washington, or like Spartacus, against a mighty global empire.

She was comparable to Bar Kohva...the male leader of the last of the Three Jewish Revolts against Rome.

Almost contemporary but on opposite ends of the Roman Empire both Boudicca and Bar Kohva came within a hair's breadth to free their respective peoples from Roman occupation...only to be mercilessly crushed in the end.

And both women were massive war criminals. Jingu was an Imperialist while Boudica slaughtered and tortured many Roman and Celtic civilians alike using scorched earth tactics.