Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 10:32 pm

Finished taxes finally

It took a couple of hours

Almost all the questions didn't apply to me but I still looked up anything unfamiliar because I didn't want the IRS to knock on my door

Both state and federal income tax returns have gotten accepted, within ten minutes of filing

Just W2 and tax form 1095b, but it took a lot of time and energy to file the tax return

Why doesn't the IRS just send you a bill? That's like, if the boss told you to calculate your paycheck and then you are under penalty of Perjury if you compute it wrong

Been working on taxes since January

Thank Buddha taxes are finished until next year s**t

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 11:26 pm

Quoted:

return

Why doesn't the IRS just send you a bill? That's like, if the boss told you to calculate your paycheck and then you are under penalty of Perjury if you compute it wrong

Seems kinda odd doesnt it .
And what if your part of the numerically challeged?

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 11:38 pm

although it is definitely regressive, a national VAT would at least be far simpler for the citizenry. i prefer a wall street transaction tax.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 4:39 pm

Within ten minutes, the state and national Franchise Tax Board accepted my tax return.

The IRS did not knock on my door.

Nobody sent me to jail for Perjury.

My checking account shows that the state tax refund and federal tax refunds got deposited into my account. The amounts, two hundred something and three hundred something.

Thank Buddha.

My brain has rapidly gotten much slower academically and weaker emotionally, even lately. And my brain has never been that great to begin with. Dreading the future.

Rapidly getting more difficulty doing daily (and yearly) things, such as filing taxes.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 5:49 pm

You may have income that doesn't show up in the forms submitted to the IRS.
They want a signed document to show it wasn't just something you forgot about.