If these things didn't exist then I wouldn't be missing out

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 4:12 pm

I seem to think if places like bars, clubs and things like didn't exist, then I wouldn't be having these feelings or thoughts of missing out because I don't like doing them. I didn't have much of these thoughts going on in my head during the lockdowns in the pandemic as they were being overshadowed by worries and thoughts of dying from the virus and people and the clubs, bars and other social environments were closed so I didn't have any of those FOMO thoughts because I knew that other people were not doing those activities or going to those places.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:13 pm

To be fair, if they're things you don't like doing in the first place, then you're not really "missing out" on anything to begin with. By your own words, you don't like these experiences - therefore, the only things you're "missing out" on by not going, are more experiences you don't like.

It seems like you're not actually afraid of missing out from not doing it, but rather, are unhappy that others find it fun and you don't, and therefore they are having fun that you are "missing out" on.

Do you think that if you engaged in these activities, despite not liking them, that somehow you'd grow to like them, or they'd somehow eventually make you happy after-the-fact?

It might be beneficial to figure out what YOU enjoy, and do THAT, rather than having regrets over activities you don't even like doing.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 1:01 pm

NGL Chris, I feel like your FOMO would be replaced with something else.

You really need to get help with that fear.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?