Are the retro "mini" consoles worth it?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:12 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I think im definetly gonna try and get a Sega Mini someday, but I wont ask for one for my upcoming birthday. My mom is under a lot of financial stress at the moment...

Maybe for Christmas?

It sucks that I have no source of income. :(

If you don't have a job, can you not get some kind of out-of-work benefits? Or if you have a disability - SSI or whatever it is in your country?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:27 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I think im definetly gonna try and get a Sega Mini someday, but I wont ask for one for my upcoming birthday. My mom is under a lot of financial stress at the moment...

Maybe for Christmas?

If you don't have a job, can you not get some kind of out-of-work benefits? Or if you have a disability - SSI or whatever it is in your country?

I do have SSI for being on disability, but my mom is my payee in charge of my money. We're really struggling right now financially so we can't really afford "extras".

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 2:10 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Maybe for Christmas?

I do have SSI for being on disability, but my mom is my payee in charge of my money. We're really struggling right now financially so we can't really afford "extras".

Ah, I am sorry to hear of this, RDF.

I hope things get better, soon, for you & your Mom,

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 2:16 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Maybe for Christmas?

Ah, I am sorry to hear of this, RDF.

I hope things get better, soon, for you & your Mom,

Thank you. :heart:

Yeah being poor sucks, and it's been one thing after another. We have people staying with us until they get their house situated and they eat us out of house and home. My mom's other house in Florida needs repairs which will cost a good chunk of money, we have four kittens we need to take and have fixed before the girl kitten gets pregnant, etc. It feels endless. :|

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 10:23 pm

Welp good news. I told my mom about howvI want to try and get a Sega Genesus Mini someday and I showed it to her and told her about the games they have built in.

She actually seemed enthusastic about me getting this console someday so that tells me I mighr can one day talk her into ordering it for me. :)

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2024, 1:03 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Unfortunately I don't own a PC and I have to do everything online through my smartphone. Plus I'm kind of a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to game consoles...

I think I'll consider the Sega Genesis mini because it has the most variety of games I want to play. :)

I think it's possible to use USBtoGo to connect up a controller to a smartphone and play like that. It may even be reasonable to play connected to a TV.

Personally, I love my games so I bought a dedicated FPGA mini-console that covers most of the games that I like. But, that was an investment and probably not worth it if you're not really into retro games. A cheap computer or laptop would probably be just as good, many can be purchased second hand off eBay and more than sufficient.