Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

SpiderLemon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Mar 2024, 2:28 pm

Hi, I'm new here and and I've been thinking about the possibility of being autistic for a few years however only recently have decided to do something about it after my therapist told me she's seeing signs of it.
Anyways, one of my special interests is Film and tv, as well as Doctor Who. I've watched all of the modern Doctor Who episodes, and have watched an odd few of the old ones. My favourite Doctor is the 12th, and my favourite companion is River Song, and my favourite episode could be Heaven sent (s9 e11) and Hell bent (s9 e12).
I was just wondering if there is any other Doctor Who fans on here, or others who are interested in film / tv.
:D :alien:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 3:48 pm

Yes I like Dr Who. My favourite Doctor is Matt Smith.

My fave companion in Katherine Tate though

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 3:49 pm

Oh and welcome to the boards as well

Jason Thayer
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Mar 2024, 1:18 pm

I've been watching Doctor Who since the 1980's when it was on PBS. My favorite Doctor is the 4th Doctor.
Favorite companions by era:
1: Steven Taylor
2: Jamie McCrimmon
3: Jo Grant, Sarah Jane
4: Sarah Jane, K-9, both Romanas
5: Nessa
6: Dr. Smythe
7: Ace
8: Charlie
9: Rose
10 and 14: Donna
11: Amy, Clara
12: Clara, Bill
13: Graham

Hokulea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2024, 5:12 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet, SpiderLemon.

My favourite Doctor is The Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston), probably simply because of childhood nostalgia and being the incarnation of the Doctor that introduced me to Doctor Who.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 9:31 pm

I was introduced to the show when David Tennant was the doctor.

My favourite character was Donna. I liked the friendship between them. It was entertaining to watch them banter.

I was also invested in the storyline with Rose.

When both storylines concluded, admittedly I started to lose interest. So I switched over to watch the Sarah Jane Adventures instead. A spin off series that aired on CBBC.

I tried returning back to the show when Matt Smith arrived, but the writing...I don't know, it didn't seem quite my cup of tea anymore.

I only later came back to the show again because I had seen clips and teasers of the Master coming back as Missy. I had enjoyed watching the two interact previously, so seeing that was enough to get me to come back to the show. Then admittedly I lost interest again and stopped watching.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 4:28 pm

First, I'll note that I am an Aspie.

Second, I'll note that there is something about Doctor Who that I find addicting. When that opening theme music goes, it gets me.

So...perhaps a bit sheepishly...I'll confess I think our video disc collection includes all available episodes (including the reconstructions)...starting with "An Unearthly Child" up to and including "The Power of the Doctor". And I am reasonably sure later seasons will find their way into the collection, as well.

Oh, plus "K-9 and Company: A Girl's Best Friend", Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, K9, and Class.

And a few non-canon thingys.

I am addicted!

At least I stopped buying the books!!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 7:47 pm

My favorite Doctor Who scene Van Gogh visit the Gallery.
https://youtu.be/nOMoaLOZbII
The Doctor and Amy treat their friend Vincent to a preview of the future - and his legacy.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 7:50 am

I first stumbled upon Doctor Who when it was broadcast at odd times on PBS. Tom Baker, and K9. It was corny and campy and imaginative. The sets and props were ridiculous and the special effects weren’t very special when compared with Star Wars or Star Trek, but it was fun. I liked the humor. The Tardis was a great idea. “What are you eating?” “A Jellybaby” “Where did you get those?” “Same place you get them. . . Your pocket”

Suicidal_Vampire
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2024, 12:56 pm

My favorite Doctor so far (I'm a bit new to the series) is the 6th doctor. I got the Trial of the Doctor on DVD for Christmas and I just love it. The 6th doctor charming and wacky and his suit is amazing I won't let anyone tell me otherwise. :)

"Really? I'd like to meet him."

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2024, 1:18 pm

Hi:
I recently watched all the Doctor Who specials on Disney +. I loved it that Neil Patrick Harris played a role in one of the episodes. He was super funny in that

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2024, 10:05 am

I've seen all of 2005 series and on. I see that old Doctor Who is now available to stream and I'd love to watch it, but have a large backlog right now, so it'll have to be added to that.

David Tennant and Jodie Whittaker are my favorite of those Doctors. Their acting encapsulated what I love about the Doctor best. However, I preferred the writing under Tennant over everything beyond.