No Labels - Moving to name candidates, Co-Chair resigns

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 9:11 am

Co-chair of No Labels steps down as group pursues third-party presidential ticket

Quote:
Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory is stepping down as national co-chair of No Labels just days after members of the independent group voted to move forward with a presidential ticket.

“I gave it my all for over a year as volunteer co-chair, but it is now time to move on,” the former Republican governor told NBC News. “I wish the best for the No Labels movement, the wonderful teammates I worked with and all those throughout the country who know that now more than ever, we must put country over party at all levels of government.”

No Labels has not yet announced a presidential ticket, though national convention chair Mike Rawlings said in a statement last week that the group wanted to "move immediately to identify candidates to serve on the Unity presidential ticket."

The organization said last week that it will announce the process for candidate selection on Thursday.

McCrory defended the organization's mission on Friday in an interview with NBC News' "Meet the Press NOW," arguing that "the two parties are failing us."

People want "common sense solutions to some very complex issues that are being kicked down the road," he said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman