Which court card best describes YOU?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
what court cards would you apply to the founder of this website?

Alex? Easy one! Jack of Diamonds.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:20 pm

aside from being young and adventuresome, what else does it signify?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
aside from being young and adventuresome, what else does it signify?

Here's a list of many possible meanings for the Jack of Diamonds. I also find it interesting that some of these list him as an "officer in uniform", when it's the Spade cards that are supposed to be The Military class.

Quote:
Knave of Diamonds – A near relation who considers only his own interests. Also a fair person’s thoughts.
JACK. A blond young man in some kind of uniform, either military or occupational. He has a good sense of humor, is fun to be with, but sometimes he brings bad news with him.
Jack: A relative. A very fair-haired youth. Watch out for dishonesty or unreliability.
Jack: A bringer of bad news. A selfish person. Not dangerous to male querents, but problems for a female one.
Jack of Diamonds: A youth, possibly in uniform. Or, a jealous person who may be unreliable. A person who brings news, generally negative, but relatively minor.
Jack: a relative, someone not really reliable, selfish or jealous, bad news
Madeline Montalban – No meaning given for the Knave of Diamonds.
Hilda Marie – Knave: A very fair youngster.
Gypsy – Jack: Young man in lesser position, may not be reliable.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A selfish or jealous relative; or a messenger bringing unwelcome news.
Etteilla – Jack: A soldier.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:32 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Bump! Anyone else interested in this? :D

Is it fair to assume Lemmy is the Ace of Spades?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Bump! Anyone else interested in this? :D

Is it fair to assume Lemmy is the Ace of Spades?

More a Jack of Clubs singing a song about the Ace of Spades. 8)

I personally see the Clubs reflected in a lot of Artist types. They're driven by passion and energy afterall. ♧

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:41 pm

Here's an appropriate card for Mr. Lemmy btw. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:57 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Here's an appropriate card for Mr. Lemmy btw. :)

We just need to shoop the guitar into a behs.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:23 pm

I’m fair-skinned, but I don’t feel like any of the categories describe me that well. I’m from a blue collar family, so I could be a peasant. In past jobs, I’ve worked to help others and have done some charity work, so I could be a clergy ( :eew: ). However, now I primarily get into debates with people online so maybe a spade. I don’t know.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:42 pm

Might as well share the lists of every possible meaning for the Court Cards. Different occultists throughout history had their own different interpretations for each card but they all followed a certain pattern. For example the Queen of Spades is often the "abandoned woman" (widow, divorced, old maid, etc).

Quote:
King of Hearts – A fair man, of good-natured disposition, but hasty and rash.
KING. A blond, probably light-skinned, middle-aged man who is generous to all. He will try to help you, but he may be too impetuous.
King: A good-natured, fair-haired man. Good advice.
King: Represents an influential man, someone who has the power or ability to do something good for the querent.
King of Hearts: A fair-haired man with a good nature; or a man with Water signs predominating in his chart. Fair, helpful advice. Affectionate, caring man. This man helps you out without much talk. His actions reveal his kindness and concern.
King: fair haired man, affectionate, generous, impetuous, honest man, hasty in decisions, not to be relied upon for advice
Madeline Montalban – King: A pleasant and easy-going elderly man. Same reversed.
Hilda Marie – King: A fair man.
Gypsy – King: Affectionate person of fair appearance.
Minor Arcana – King: An honest and well-intentioned man, but hasty in his decisions and therefore not one to be relied upon for advice.
Etteilla – King: Fair Man, HonestMan. Reversed: Dishonest Man. Vice, Scandal.

Quote:
Queen of Hearts – A fair woman, faithful, prudent and affectionate.
QUEEN. A warm and friendly blond, who may be a man’s true love or a woman’s friendly rival. She is motherly, loving and joyful.
Queen: A kindly fair-haired woman.
Queen: A trusted woman. Someone knowledgeable and faithful. One who always plays fair.
Queen of Hearts: A fair-haired woman with a good nature; or a woman with Water signs predominating in her chart. Kindly advice. Affectionate, caring woman. Sometimes, this card can indicate the mother or a mother-figure.
Queen: fair haired woman, trustworthy, faithful, loving woman, gentle & pleasing.
Madeline Montalban – Queen: An affectionate, sympathetic woman. Same reversed.
Hilda Marie – Queen: A fair woman.
Gypsy – Queen: Loving, blonde woman.
Minor Arcana – Queen: A faithful, loving woman, gentle and pleasing.
Etteilla – Queen: Fair Woman, Honest Woman. Reversed: Dissoluteness, Depravity.

Quote:
Knave of Hearts – The dearest friend of the consulting party. Also a fair person’s thoughts.
JACK. A romantic young man, or sometimes a woman, or a close pal from school days. He or she likes to have a good time and you enjoy his or her company.
Jack: A close friend or a good-natured, fair-haired youth.
Jack: A good friend to the querent, someone close, a cousin or a confidant, someone they have known since childhood or for a long time.
Jack of Hearts: A warm-hearted friend. A fair-haired youth; or a young person with Water signs predominating in his or her chart. Often this points to a younger admirer.
Jack: fair haired young person, good friend, a close (or long-lost) friend.
Madeline Montalban – Knave: A faithful and honourable young man. Same reversed.
Hilda Marie – Knave: A young, fair man.
Gypsy – Jack: Cheerful young person.
Minor Arcana – Page: A close friend; not always contemporary [i.e. current], for it may signify a long-lost childhood friend or sweetheart.
Etteilla – Jack: Fair Young Man, Studious, Diligent. Reversed: Affection, Friendship.

Quote:
King of Clubs – A dark man, upright, faithful and affectionate in disposition.
KING. A dark man who likes to have fun and help his friends. A good advisor – listen to him. He is a faithful friend always.
King: An honest, generous and affectionate man. A dark-haired man.
King: Represents a very good friend. A lifelong companion, someone who can be trusted and counted on during times of need and sorrow.
King of Clubs: Dark-haired, kind-hearted man; or a man with Fire predominating in his chart. A generous, spirited man.
King: dark haired man, honest, open, generous and faithful.
Madeline Montalban – King: A helpful dark man. Reversed – His help achieves nothing.
Hilda Marie – King: A man of medium colouring, more dark than fair.
Gypsy – King: Good character, loyal man.
Minor Arcana – King: An honest and sincere man, generous and faithful.
Etteilla – King: Dark man. Man of the Country, Good and Strict Man. Reversed: Good and Severe Man.

Quote:
Queen of Clubs – A dark woman, gentle and pleasing.
QUEEN. A brunette woman who can be trusted. She is fond of people and helps them; mercurial but loyal.
Queen: An attractive, self-confident woman. A dark-haired woman.
Queen: Represents a wife or girlfriend in long term relationship for a man. For a woman, represents a sister or good friend, someone who shares a lot of knowledge about the querent.
Queen of Clubs: Dark-haired, confident woman; or a woman with Fire predominating in her chart. She may give you good advice.
Queen: dark haired woman, strong, helpful, attractive, nice woman, inclined to be temperamental.
Madeline Montalban – Queen: A wealthy woman. Reversed – She is mean.
Hilda Marie – Queen: A woman of medium colouring, more dark than fair.
Gypsy – Queen: Dark, friendly woman.
Minor Arcana – Queen: An affectionate and kindly woman, although inclined to be temperamental.
Etteilla – Queen: Dark lady. Woman of the Country. Reversed: Good Woman, Kindness, Obliging, Helpful.

Quote:
Knave of Clubs – A sincere but hasty friend. Also a dark man’s thoughts.
JACK. A friend of either sex whom you can count on, or a sweetheart who is sincere in loving you and will do anything for you.
Jack: A reliable friend. A dark-haired youth.
Jack: Represents a good friend, one who uses a lot of flattery, but only to make the other person feel better. Someone who is good at cheering the querent up.
Jack of Clubs: A dark-haired or fiery youth. Popular youth who is good-hearted and playful. Can also indicate an admirer.
Jack: a reliable friend, sincere but impatient.
Madeline Montalban – Knave: A dark, ardent young man. Reversed – He is fickle.
Hilda Marie – Knave: A young boy of medium colouring, more dark than fair.
Gypsy – Jack: Dark, attractive young person, a friend.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A sincere but impatient friend; well-meaning flattery.
Etteilla – Jack: Dark youth. Stranger, Unknown, Uncommon. R. Announcement, Warning, Admonition.

Quote:
King of Diamonds – A fair man, hot tempered, obstinate and revengeful.
KING. A light-haired or gray-haired man will help you, but take care not to approach him when he is in a bad mood. He can be harmful and competitive sometimes.
King: A stubborn and influential man. A very fair-haired man.
King: A bitter rival, a dangerous competitor, for women it can mean an abusive man or a deceitful lover.
King of Diamonds: Fair-haired or graying man, or a man with Earth predominating in his chart. A man of authority, status, or influence.
King: fair haired man, stubborn and powerful, vengeful, dangerous when crossed.
Madeline Montalban – King: Protection of a man of power and authority. Reversed – the same.
Hilda Marie – King: A very fair man.
Gypsy – King: Man with fair or grey hair, soldier.
Minor Arcana – King: A hot-tempered, obstinate and vengeful man, dangerous when crossed.
Etteilla – King: A Dark Man, Banker, Stockbroker. Reversed: Vice, Flaw, Weakness. [Man of the Country, Good and StrictMan. Reversed: Good and Severe Man.]

Quote:
Queen of Diamonds – A fair woman, fond of company and a coquette.
QUEEN. Look out for an unfriendly, light-haired woman. She talks too much and is a flirt, but she gets things done.
Queen: A woman who loves to party and to gossip. A flirt. A very fair-haired woman.
Queen: A flirtatious woman, one who will interfere in plans. Gossipy, very attractive to males . . . able to get away with things and interfere in situations.
Queen of Diamonds: Fair-haired woman; or a woman with Earth predominating in her chart. A gossip.
Queen: fair haired woman, flirt, sophisticated, witty, interferes in other’s affairs.
Madeline Montalban – Queen: A frivolous, fair woman. A stranger. Reversed – Contemplates marriage. If next to the King of Diamonds, she has or will, marry him.
Hilda Marie – Queen: A very fair woman.
Gypsy – Queen: Fair woman who can’t keep secrets.
Minor Arcana – Queen: A coquettish woman, given to interfering in others’ affairs; scandal and rumor.
Etteilla – Queen: A Dark Woman, Opulence, Prosperous. Reversed: Untrustworthy, Doubtful.

Quote:
Knave of Diamonds – A near relation who considers only his own interests. Also a fair person’s thoughts.
JACK. A blond young man in some kind of uniform, either military or occupational. He has a good sense of humor, is fun to be with, but sometimes he brings bad news with him.
Jack: A relative. A very fair-haired youth. Watch out for dishonesty or unreliability.
Jack: A bringer of bad news. A selfish person. Not dangerous to male querents, but problems for a female one.
Jack of Diamonds: A youth, possibly in uniform. Or, a jealous person who may be unreliable. A person who brings news, generally negative, but relatively minor.
Jack: a relative, someone not really reliable, selfish or jealous, bad news
Madeline Montalban – No meaning given for the Knave of Diamonds.
Hilda Marie – Knave: A very fair youngster.
Gypsy – Jack: Young man in lesser position, may not be reliable.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A selfish or jealous relative; or a messenger bringing unwelcome news.
Etteilla – Jack: A soldier.

Quote:
King of Spades. – A dark, ambitious man.
King: An ambitious and authoritative man. A very dark-haired man.
King: A man who will cause problems in marriage or relationships. One who will get in the middle, divide and conquer . . . and then destroy.
King of Spades: Dark-haired man; or a man with Air predominating in his chart. An ambitious man, perhaps self-serving.
King: dark haired man, ambitious, usually successful, his ambition overrides everything else.
Madeline Montalban – King: A judge or wily lawyer. Reversed – He is not lucky for you.
Hilda Marie – King: A dark man, probably a business man.
Gypsy – King: Untrustworthy man, widower.
Minor Arcana – King: A man whose ambition over-rides everything.
Etteilla – King: Lawyer, Man of the Law. Reversed: Ill-intentioned.

Quote:
Queen of Spades. – A malicious, dark woman, generally a widow.
Queen: A widow. An unscrupulous woman. A very dark-haired woman.
Queen: A cruel woman, one who interferes. For women, a betrayal by a good friend. For men, a woman who will use them for their own gain.
Queen of Spades: Widowed or divorced woman; or a woman with Air predominating in her chart.
Queen: dark haired woman, seductive or unscrupulous, treachery, betrayal, malice, widow.
Madeline Montalban – Queen: A cunning, dark woman. Reversed – She is widowed or divorced.
Hilda Marie – Queen: A dark woman, most likely a widow.
Gypsy – Queen: Widow.
Minor Arcana – Queen: Treachery, betrayal, malice; a widow or a deserted person.
Etteilla – Queen: Widow, Widowhood. Widowed, Divorced. Reversed: Evil woman.

Quote:
Knave of Spades. – An indolent, envious person; a dark man’s thoughts
Jack: A well-meaning but immature and unreliable youth. A very dark-haired youth.
Jack: A person who hangs around and gets in the way. Not a bad person, but a lazy one. Someone who will get in the way of progress. Takes and takes, but does not give anything back.
Jack of Spades: A youth who is hostile or jealous.
Jack: dark haired young man, well-meaning but lazy person, hindrance in all work.
Madeline Montalban – Knave: A treacherous and envious young man. Reversed – He will not succeed in doing lasting harm.
Hilda Marie – Knave: An evil man.
Gypsy – Jack: Serious young man, in law or medicine, can also mean deception.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A lazy or envious person, a hindrance in any undertaking, or perhaps an impostor, even a spy.
Etteilla – Jack: Spy, Observer. Reversed: Sudden, Without Warning.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:50 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I’m fair-skinned, but I don’t feel like any of the categories describe me that well. I’m from a blue collar family, so I could be a peasant. In past jobs, I’ve worked to help others and have done some charity work, so I could be a clergy ( :eew: ). However, now I primarily get into debates with people online so maybe a spade. I don’t know.

Honestly given how intelligent you are and the way you reject religion, I'd say welcome to Club Spade, Queeny! :queen:

You certainly remind me of Medusa, not just because of your avatar but because she was a dedicated priestess herself who found out the hard way how cruel and deeply flawed the gods she served could be.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:52 pm

Hmmm… I am very maternal, faithful, and loving though.

I don’t think I can be limited to one category. :lol:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:57 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Hmmm… I am very maternal, faithful, and loving though.

I don’t think I can be limited to one category. :lol:

My mom can be too, but I still think of her as a Queen of Spades. She's been divorced 4 times and is very bitter about men. :lol:

But I can see a Queen of Spades being a woman brave enough to leave a dangerous situation behind for the sake of her family. Rather its leaving an abusive husband or like in your case leaving cult mentality behind. ;)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 12:02 am

I think a Queen of Hearts describes me better.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 12:08 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I think a Queen of Hearts describes me better.

Well if that's who you really feel linked to, then ok. We'll go with Queen of Hearts for you. :heart:

Instead of Medusa I'll give you the card Tamamo-no-Mae! :D

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 1:48 am

I can only say that just from your eyes I can see that you have a little bit ( or little bit more..) clairvoyant abilities. I'm afraid to ask anything :).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:50 am

^^he is a good human being and would only do good for you.