Which court card best describes YOU?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
what court cards would you apply to the founder of this website?

Alex? Easy one! Jack of Diamonds.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:20 pm

aside from being young and adventuresome, what else does it signify?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
aside from being young and adventuresome, what else does it signify?

Here's a list of many possible meanings for the Jack of Diamonds. I also find it interesting that some of these list him as an "officer in uniform", when it's the Spade cards that are supposed to be The Military class.

Quote:
Knave of Diamonds – A near relation who considers only his own interests. Also a fair person’s thoughts.
JACK. A blond young man in some kind of uniform, either military or occupational. He has a good sense of humor, is fun to be with, but sometimes he brings bad news with him.
Jack: A relative. A very fair-haired youth. Watch out for dishonesty or unreliability.
Jack: A bringer of bad news. A selfish person. Not dangerous to male querents, but problems for a female one.
Jack of Diamonds: A youth, possibly in uniform. Or, a jealous person who may be unreliable. A person who brings news, generally negative, but relatively minor.
Jack: a relative, someone not really reliable, selfish or jealous, bad news
Madeline Montalban – No meaning given for the Knave of Diamonds.
Hilda Marie – Knave: A very fair youngster.
Gypsy – Jack: Young man in lesser position, may not be reliable.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A selfish or jealous relative; or a messenger bringing unwelcome news.
Etteilla – Jack: A soldier.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:32 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Bump! Anyone else interested in this? :D

Is it fair to assume Lemmy is the Ace of Spades?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Bump! Anyone else interested in this? :D

Is it fair to assume Lemmy is the Ace of Spades?

More a Jack of Clubs singing a song about the Ace of Spades. 8)

I personally see the Clubs reflected in a lot of Artist types. They're driven by passion and energy afterall. ♧

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:41 pm

Here's an appropriate card for Mr. Lemmy btw. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:57 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Here's an appropriate card for Mr. Lemmy btw. :)

We just need to shoop the guitar into a behs.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:23 pm

I’m fair-skinned, but I don’t feel like any of the categories describe me that well. I’m from a blue collar family, so I could be a peasant. In past jobs, I’ve worked to help others and have done some charity work, so I could be a clergy ( :eew: ). However, now I primarily get into debates with people online so maybe a spade. I don’t know.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:42 pm

Might as well share the lists of every possible meaning for the Court Cards. Different occultists throughout history had their own different interpretations for each card but they all followed a certain pattern. For example the Queen of Spades is often the "abandoned woman" (widow, divorced, old maid, etc).

Quote:
King of Hearts – A fair man, of good-natured disposition, but hasty and rash.
KING. A blond, probably light-skinned, middle-aged man who is generous to all. He will try to help you, but he may be too impetuous.
King: A good-natured, fair-haired man. Good advice.
King: Represents an influential man, someone who has the power or ability to do something good for the querent.
King of Hearts: A fair-haired man with a good nature; or a man with Water signs predominating in his chart. Fair, helpful advice. Affectionate, caring man. This man helps you out without much talk. His actions reveal his kindness and concern.
King: fair haired man, affectionate, generous, impetuous, honest man, hasty in decisions, not to be relied upon for advice
Madeline Montalban – King: A pleasant and easy-going elderly man. Same reversed.
Hilda Marie – King: A fair man.
Gypsy – King: Affectionate person of fair appearance.
Minor Arcana – King: An honest and well-intentioned man, but hasty in his decisions and therefore not one to be relied upon for advice.
Etteilla – King: Fair Man, HonestMan. Reversed: Dishonest Man. Vice, Scandal.

Quote:
Queen of Hearts – A fair woman, faithful, prudent and affectionate.
QUEEN. A warm and friendly blond, who may be a man’s true love or a woman’s friendly rival. She is motherly, loving and joyful.
Queen: A kindly fair-haired woman.
Queen: A trusted woman. Someone knowledgeable and faithful. One who always plays fair.
Queen of Hearts: A fair-haired woman with a good nature; or a woman with Water signs predominating in her chart. Kindly advice. Affectionate, caring woman. Sometimes, this card can indicate the mother or a mother-figure.
Queen: fair haired woman, trustworthy, faithful, loving woman, gentle & pleasing.
Madeline Montalban – Queen: An affectionate, sympathetic woman. Same reversed.
Hilda Marie – Queen: A fair woman.
Gypsy – Queen: Loving, blonde woman.
Minor Arcana – Queen: A faithful, loving woman, gentle and pleasing.
Etteilla – Queen: Fair Woman, Honest Woman. Reversed: Dissoluteness, Depravity.

Quote:
Knave of Hearts – The dearest friend of the consulting party. Also a fair person’s thoughts.
JACK. A romantic young man, or sometimes a woman, or a close pal from school days. He or she likes to have a good time and you enjoy his or her company.
Jack: A close friend or a good-natured, fair-haired youth.
Jack: A good friend to the querent, someone close, a cousin or a confidant, someone they have known since childhood or for a long time.
Jack of Hearts: A warm-hearted friend. A fair-haired youth; or a young person with Water signs predominating in his or her chart. Often this points to a younger admirer.
Jack: fair haired young person, good friend, a close (or long-lost) friend.
Madeline Montalban – Knave: A faithful and honourable young man. Same reversed.
Hilda Marie – Knave: A young, fair man.
Gypsy – Jack: Cheerful young person.
Minor Arcana – Page: A close friend; not always contemporary [i.e. current], for it may signify a long-lost childhood friend or sweetheart.
Etteilla – Jack: Fair Young Man, Studious, Diligent. Reversed: Affection, Friendship.

Quote:
King of Clubs – A dark man, upright, faithful and affectionate in disposition.
KING. A dark man who likes to have fun and help his friends. A good advisor – listen to him. He is a faithful friend always.
King: An honest, generous and affectionate man. A dark-haired man.
King: Represents a very good friend. A lifelong companion, someone who can be trusted and counted on during times of need and sorrow.
King of Clubs: Dark-haired, kind-hearted man; or a man with Fire predominating in his chart. A generous, spirited man.
King: dark haired man, honest, open, generous and faithful.
Madeline Montalban – King: A helpful dark man. Reversed – His help achieves nothing.
Hilda Marie – King: A man of medium colouring, more dark than fair.
Gypsy – King: Good character, loyal man.
Minor Arcana – King: An honest and sincere man, generous and faithful.
Etteilla – King: Dark man. Man of the Country, Good and Strict Man. Reversed: Good and Severe Man.

Quote:
Queen of Clubs – A dark woman, gentle and pleasing.
QUEEN. A brunette woman who can be trusted. She is fond of people and helps them; mercurial but loyal.
Queen: An attractive, self-confident woman. A dark-haired woman.
Queen: Represents a wife or girlfriend in long term relationship for a man. For a woman, represents a sister or good friend, someone who shares a lot of knowledge about the querent.
Queen of Clubs: Dark-haired, confident woman; or a woman with Fire predominating in her chart. She may give you good advice.
Queen: dark haired woman, strong, helpful, attractive, nice woman, inclined to be temperamental.
Madeline Montalban – Queen: A wealthy woman. Reversed – She is mean.
Hilda Marie – Queen: A woman of medium colouring, more dark than fair.
Gypsy – Queen: Dark, friendly woman.
Minor Arcana – Queen: An affectionate and kindly woman, although inclined to be temperamental.
Etteilla – Queen: Dark lady. Woman of the Country. Reversed: Good Woman, Kindness, Obliging, Helpful.

Quote:
Knave of Clubs – A sincere but hasty friend. Also a dark man’s thoughts.
JACK. A friend of either sex whom you can count on, or a sweetheart who is sincere in loving you and will do anything for you.
Jack: A reliable friend. A dark-haired youth.
Jack: Represents a good friend, one who uses a lot of flattery, but only to make the other person feel better. Someone who is good at cheering the querent up.
Jack of Clubs: A dark-haired or fiery youth. Popular youth who is good-hearted and playful. Can also indicate an admirer.
Jack: a reliable friend, sincere but impatient.
Madeline Montalban – Knave: A dark, ardent young man. Reversed – He is fickle.
Hilda Marie – Knave: A young boy of medium colouring, more dark than fair.
Gypsy – Jack: Dark, attractive young person, a friend.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A sincere but impatient friend; well-meaning flattery.
Etteilla – Jack: Dark youth. Stranger, Unknown, Uncommon. R. Announcement, Warning, Admonition.

Quote:
King of Diamonds – A fair man, hot tempered, obstinate and revengeful.
KING. A light-haired or gray-haired man will help you, but take care not to approach him when he is in a bad mood. He can be harmful and competitive sometimes.
King: A stubborn and influential man. A very fair-haired man.
King: A bitter rival, a dangerous competitor, for women it can mean an abusive man or a deceitful lover.
King of Diamonds: Fair-haired or graying man, or a man with Earth predominating in his chart. A man of authority, status, or influence.
King: fair haired man, stubborn and powerful, vengeful, dangerous when crossed.
Madeline Montalban – King: Protection of a man of power and authority. Reversed – the same.
Hilda Marie – King: A very fair man.
Gypsy – King: Man with fair or grey hair, soldier.
Minor Arcana – King: A hot-tempered, obstinate and vengeful man, dangerous when crossed.
Etteilla – King: A Dark Man, Banker, Stockbroker. Reversed: Vice, Flaw, Weakness. [Man of the Country, Good and StrictMan. Reversed: Good and Severe Man.]

Quote:
Queen of Diamonds – A fair woman, fond of company and a coquette.
QUEEN. Look out for an unfriendly, light-haired woman. She talks too much and is a flirt, but she gets things done.
Queen: A woman who loves to party and to gossip. A flirt. A very fair-haired woman.
Queen: A flirtatious woman, one who will interfere in plans. Gossipy, very attractive to males . . . able to get away with things and interfere in situations.
Queen of Diamonds: Fair-haired woman; or a woman with Earth predominating in her chart. A gossip.
Queen: fair haired woman, flirt, sophisticated, witty, interferes in other’s affairs.
Madeline Montalban – Queen: A frivolous, fair woman. A stranger. Reversed – Contemplates marriage. If next to the King of Diamonds, she has or will, marry him.
Hilda Marie – Queen: A very fair woman.
Gypsy – Queen: Fair woman who can’t keep secrets.
Minor Arcana – Queen: A coquettish woman, given to interfering in others’ affairs; scandal and rumor.
Etteilla – Queen: A Dark Woman, Opulence, Prosperous. Reversed: Untrustworthy, Doubtful.

Quote:
Knave of Diamonds – A near relation who considers only his own interests. Also a fair person’s thoughts.
JACK. A blond young man in some kind of uniform, either military or occupational. He has a good sense of humor, is fun to be with, but sometimes he brings bad news with him.
Jack: A relative. A very fair-haired youth. Watch out for dishonesty or unreliability.
Jack: A bringer of bad news. A selfish person. Not dangerous to male querents, but problems for a female one.
Jack of Diamonds: A youth, possibly in uniform. Or, a jealous person who may be unreliable. A person who brings news, generally negative, but relatively minor.
Jack: a relative, someone not really reliable, selfish or jealous, bad news
Madeline Montalban – No meaning given for the Knave of Diamonds.
Hilda Marie – Knave: A very fair youngster.
Gypsy – Jack: Young man in lesser position, may not be reliable.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A selfish or jealous relative; or a messenger bringing unwelcome news.
Etteilla – Jack: A soldier.

Quote:
King of Spades. – A dark, ambitious man.
King: An ambitious and authoritative man. A very dark-haired man.
King: A man who will cause problems in marriage or relationships. One who will get in the middle, divide and conquer . . . and then destroy.
King of Spades: Dark-haired man; or a man with Air predominating in his chart. An ambitious man, perhaps self-serving.
King: dark haired man, ambitious, usually successful, his ambition overrides everything else.
Madeline Montalban – King: A judge or wily lawyer. Reversed – He is not lucky for you.
Hilda Marie – King: A dark man, probably a business man.
Gypsy – King: Untrustworthy man, widower.
Minor Arcana – King: A man whose ambition over-rides everything.
Etteilla – King: Lawyer, Man of the Law. Reversed: Ill-intentioned.

Quote:
Queen of Spades. – A malicious, dark woman, generally a widow.
Queen: A widow. An unscrupulous woman. A very dark-haired woman.
Queen: A cruel woman, one who interferes. For women, a betrayal by a good friend. For men, a woman who will use them for their own gain.
Queen of Spades: Widowed or divorced woman; or a woman with Air predominating in her chart.
Queen: dark haired woman, seductive or unscrupulous, treachery, betrayal, malice, widow.
Madeline Montalban – Queen: A cunning, dark woman. Reversed – She is widowed or divorced.
Hilda Marie – Queen: A dark woman, most likely a widow.
Gypsy – Queen: Widow.
Minor Arcana – Queen: Treachery, betrayal, malice; a widow or a deserted person.
Etteilla – Queen: Widow, Widowhood. Widowed, Divorced. Reversed: Evil woman.

Quote:
Knave of Spades. – An indolent, envious person; a dark man’s thoughts
Jack: A well-meaning but immature and unreliable youth. A very dark-haired youth.
Jack: A person who hangs around and gets in the way. Not a bad person, but a lazy one. Someone who will get in the way of progress. Takes and takes, but does not give anything back.
Jack of Spades: A youth who is hostile or jealous.
Jack: dark haired young man, well-meaning but lazy person, hindrance in all work.
Madeline Montalban – Knave: A treacherous and envious young man. Reversed – He will not succeed in doing lasting harm.
Hilda Marie – Knave: An evil man.
Gypsy – Jack: Serious young man, in law or medicine, can also mean deception.
Minor Arcana – Jack: A lazy or envious person, a hindrance in any undertaking, or perhaps an impostor, even a spy.
Etteilla – Jack: Spy, Observer. Reversed: Sudden, Without Warning.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:50 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I’m fair-skinned, but I don’t feel like any of the categories describe me that well. I’m from a blue collar family, so I could be a peasant. In past jobs, I’ve worked to help others and have done some charity work, so I could be a clergy ( :eew: ). However, now I primarily get into debates with people online so maybe a spade. I don’t know.

Honestly given how intelligent you are and the way you reject religion, I'd say welcome to Club Spade, Queeny! :queen:

You certainly remind me of Medusa, not just because of your avatar but because she was a dedicated priestess herself who found out the hard way how cruel and deeply flawed the gods she served could be.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:52 pm

Hmmm… I am very maternal, faithful, and loving though.

I don’t think I can be limited to one category. :lol:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:57 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Hmmm… I am very maternal, faithful, and loving though.

I don’t think I can be limited to one category. :lol:

My mom can be too, but I still think of her as a Queen of Spades. She's been divorced 4 times and is very bitter about men. :lol:

But I can see a Queen of Spades being a woman brave enough to leave a dangerous situation behind for the sake of her family. Rather its leaving an abusive husband or like in your case leaving cult mentality behind. ;)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 12:02 am

I think a Queen of Hearts describes me better.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 12:08 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I think a Queen of Hearts describes me better.

Well if that's who you really feel linked to, then ok. We'll go with Queen of Hearts for you. :heart:

Instead of Medusa I'll give you the card Tamamo-no-Mae! :D

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 1:48 am

I can only say that just from your eyes I can see that you have a little bit ( or little bit more..) clairvoyant abilities. I'm afraid to ask anything :).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:50 am

^^he is a good human being and would only do good for you.