Haley gets 77K votes in Georgia GOP primary

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 6:05 am

The Hill

Quote:
Nikki Haley received more than 77,000 votes in Georgia’s Republican primary race Tuesday despite dropping out of the race six days prior.

The former South Carolina governor secured 77,761 votes — about 13.2 percent of the vote — in Georgia’s GOP presidential primary contest, according to Decision Desk HQ. Haley had dropped out of the race after Super Tuesday last week, having lost to former President Trump in all but two early primary races.

Trump still handily won the Georgia primary Tuesday night with about 84.5 percent of the vote. But his level of support among moderates will likely be a key factor in the general election.

Trump lost Georgia in the 2020 elections to now-President Biden by less than a quarter of a percentage point. According to The Hill/Decision Desk HQ’s polling average, Trump is leading Biden in Georgia by about 7.4 percentage points.

Trump’s wins Tuesday secured him enough votes to get the GOP nomination for president. Biden also became the Democrat Party’s presumptive nominee after earning enough delegates in Tuesday’s primaries.

Never Trumpers voting for a candidate who has dropped out. A demonstration of the pathetic state of the never-Trump movement.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 9:31 am

I wish Haley had stayed in the race. I would choose her over both Trump and Biden, and I don't even consider myself a Republican.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 4:02 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The Hill
Quote:
Nikki Haley received more than 77,000 votes in Georgia’s Republican primary race Tuesday despite dropping out of the race six days prior.

The former South Carolina governor secured 77,761 votes — about 13.2 percent of the vote — in Georgia’s GOP presidential primary contest, according to Decision Desk HQ. Haley had dropped out of the race after Super Tuesday last week, having lost to former President Trump in all but two early primary races.

Trump still handily won the Georgia primary Tuesday night with about 84.5 percent of the vote. But his level of support among moderates will likely be a key factor in the general election.

Trump lost Georgia in the 2020 elections to now-President Biden by less than a quarter of a percentage point. According to The Hill/Decision Desk HQ’s polling average, Trump is leading Biden in Georgia by about 7.4 percentage points.

Trump’s wins Tuesday secured him enough votes to get the GOP nomination for president. Biden also became the Democrat Party’s presumptive nominee after earning enough delegates in Tuesday’s primaries.

Never Trumpers voting for a candidate who has dropped out. A demonstration of the pathetic state of the never-Trump movement.

It also demonstrates how pathetic Trump is. Almost a hundred thousand GOPers voted against Trump and for a defunct candidate! There is no equivalent division against Biden in the Dem primaries.