Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2024, 2:23 pm

I personally think "God" has no gender, but also no face, no legs, no arms, no nothing, nothing else that is typical for humans or any other known creature.

If he had all of the above, but no gender, ...now an awkward and embarrassing question is coming - than what does he have down there? Nothing or something? If it is nothing than God wouldn't need many internal organs, like prostate, kidneys,etc..those organs support organs that are above, that would make God have shorter trunk.. making him look at least as someone with unbalanced proportions... How would he eliminate toxins? If he doesn't have kidneys he would also need no colone, no nothing.

But if he has something down there - it raises many questions. First one is, whatever it is, is it only for the purpose of eliminating toxins? Or if God doesn't eat, so doesn't pee, than again, what would he need it for? Or is it there also for sexual purposes. If it is, than who is there for him to do...that? Another God? Goddess? That also means the concept of one God is impossible. At least the one people think of him as of giant, etheral human-like being, somewhere in heaven.

^^^ All of the above sounds like nonsense, I was joking here more than being serious, but no matter what I really think that God has no shape, at least no defined shape..or maybe he is like a swirl, rotating swirl, like galaxies..existing space itself. Existance itself..Non-existance, too. Oneness. Everyoneness. Nothingness. Everythingness....Only God knows :).

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 2:41 pm

Perhaps every deity is genderless in a way but they take on the gender of whatever a group of people link them to?

Think about the differerence in the Sun and the Moon for example.

The Ancient Greeks saw their moon as a feminine goddess (Artemis) and her brother the sun as a masculine god (Apollo)

Yet in Japan the sun is a female goddess (Amaterasu) and her brother the moon is a male god (Tsukiyomi).

It's easy for me to see how the sun and the moon can be both masculine and feminine. For example the sun nurtures all life on earth like a motherly figure feeding her children, but the moon itself is more gentle in its pretty glow and the phases remind some of the traditional stages of womanhood.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 2:47 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jason Thayer wrote:
Personally, I don't think God is supposed to have a gender. That would require God to have a body first.

Why?

Sometimes a person’s gender doesn’t match their body.

Isn't God supposed to pre-exist everything, including social constructs like gender?

Although, maybe God is easily pressured into adopting human concepts after encountering them. Based on the bible, God sounds pretty insecure. :nerdy:

Listen here humans, I'm absolutely a dude because that seems to be real important to you guys. Now, could you just praise me and talk about how awesome I am a little bit more? Maybe even, you know, kill some animals in my name like you see people do for other gods that aren't even as real as me. I'm the realest ever and also the most high. My heaven is taller than a mountain.

Also, maybe this one God has multiple personalities because everyone who's it's spoken to seems to end up with different takes.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2024, 2:53 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Perhaps every deity is genderless in a way but they take on the gender of whatever a group of people link them to?

The Ancient Greeks saw their moon as a feminine goddess (Artemis) and her brother the sun as a masculine god (Apollo)

Yet in Japan the sun is a female goddess (Amaterasu) and her brother the moon is a male god (Tsukiyomi).

It's easy for me to see how the sun and the moon can be both masculine and feminine. For example the sun nurtures all life on earth like a motherly figure feeding her children, but the moon itself is more gentle in its pretty glow and the phases remind some of the traditional stages of womanhood.

I like that concept and totally agree with it. Speaking of male and female CONCEPTS as, maybe, forms of yin and yang?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 2:56 pm

DazyDaisy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I like that concept and totally agree with it. Speaking of male and female CONCEPTS as, maybe, forms of yin and yang?

Yes I love how the concept of yin & yang can be applied to so many things. :D

Like even God and The Devil. One cannot exist without the other.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2024, 2:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jason Thayer wrote:
Personally, I don't think God is supposed to have a gender. That would require God to have a body first.

Why?

Isn't God supposed to pre-exist everything, including social constructs like gender?

Although, maybe God is easily pressured into adopting human concepts after encountering them. Based on the bible, God sounds pretty insecure. :nerdy:

Listen here humans, I'm absolutely a dude because that seems to be real important to you guys. Now, could you just praise me and talk about how awesome I am a little bit more? Maybe even, you know, kill some animals in my name like you see people do for other gods that aren't even as real as me. I'm the realest ever and also the most high. My heaven is taller than a mountain.

Also, maybe this one God has multiple personalities because everyone who's it's spoken to seems to end up with different takes.

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: It would be totally understandable if God had multiple personality disorder, considering how different people imagine him/her/them :D .

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 2:58 pm

DazyDaisy wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jason Thayer wrote:

Why?

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: It would be totally understandable if God had multiple personality disorder, considering how different people imagine him/her/them :D .

Perhaps they all do? :lol:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:02 pm

Speaking of worshipping The Sun :sunny:

I love this :lol:

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2024, 3:05 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Exactly, I wrote it here few weeks ago - I also think that both creative and destructive processes actually lead to ultimate CREATION. And it is the process that is cycling and never stops.

Probably human like Gods were made in times when Earth was more active, there was more earthquakes, volcano eruptions, things like that. They must have been so scared that they started thinking that there must be some creature that is punishing them, so they must pray to him and make sacrifices to gain some mercy..Later some other people manipulated their fears and used the concept of human-like Gods to take power in there hands. Till the present day.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:13 pm

DazyDaisy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Exactly, I wrote it here few weeks ago - I also think that both creative and destructive processes actually lead to ultimate CREATION. And it is the process that is cycling and never stops.

Probably human like Gods were made in times when Earth was more active, there was more earthquakes, volcano eruptions, things like that. They must have been so scared that they started thinking that there must be some creature that is punishing them, so they must pray to him and make sacrifices to gain some mercy..Later some other people manipulated their fears and used the concept of human-like Gods to take power in there hands. Till the present day.

Yes the whole creation/destruction cycle is explained in another one of my favorite ancient symbols called Ouroboros which depicts a dragon or snake devouring its own tail. It's an old symbol found in many parts of the ancient world from Ancient Egypt to Norse Mythology.

I see it as a hopeful symbol that with every destruction comes a chance for recreation. :heart:

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2024, 3:14 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Speaking of worshipping The Sun :sunny:

I love this :lol:

Me too. Actually the concept of Jesus Christ and of most deities worshipped before, came out from worshipping the Sun.

But, yes. Only the Sun is real. There's a book "When Sun was a God." Most ancient people, the very first people, worshipped Sun and made theirs activities around Solar (but of course, Lunar too) cycles. They were totally aligned with nature, all the year around. Unlike today.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:18 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I feel like The Devil is Christianity's surrogate version of Angra Mainyu.

Even though it's not a major religion anymore, Zoroastrianism has had huge influence on religious development in Eurasia. Messianism, monotheism and dualism are all concepts that originated within it. It might date back as far as 4000 years ago.

It doesn't even need to be a direct influence either, because it's so old that it was more likely to have influenced everything (both Greek and Jewish) that Christianity draws on.

There's kinda only two ways to square a perfect, all-knowing, all-powerful, all-present and all-capable God and an imperfect world. Either good-god didn't create the physical world, bad-god did, or good-god did but bad-god is constantly corrupting it. Most forms of Christianity went with the latter and handwaves the weakness this implies as good-god punishing people because of original sin.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2024, 3:18 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Yes the whole creation/destruction cycle is explained in another one of my favorite ancient symbols called Ouroboros which depicts a dragon or snake devouring its own tail. It's an old symbol found in many parts of the ancient world from Ancient Egypt to Norse Mythology.

I see it as a hopeful symbol that with every destruction comes a chance for recreation. :heart:

Yes, after every Kali-Yuga there comes a Golden age :heart: .

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:23 pm

DazyDaisy wrote:
Me too. Actually the concept of Jesus Christ and of most deities worshipped before, came out from worshipping the Sun.

Not just the sun, but the handful of things that could directly impact their lives.

The sun, the earth (typically combined with female fertility), storms would often be distinct from the sun (but not always), the sea (at least if they were close to it), male virility, war, volcanoes (if relevant), etc. A popular ancestor is another common one.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I feel like The Devil is Christianity's surrogate version of Angra Mainyu.

Even though it's not a major religion anymore, Zoroastrianism has had huge influence on religious development in Eurasia. Messianism, monotheism and dualism are all concepts that originated within it. It might date back as far as 4000 years ago.

It doesn't even need to be a direct influence either, because it's so old that it was more likely to have influenced everything (both Greek and Jewish) that Christianity draws on.

There's kinda only two ways to square a perfect, all-knowing, all-powerful, all-present and all-capable God and an imperfect world. Either good-god didn't create the physical world, bad-god did, or good-god did but bad-god is constantly corrupting it. Most forms of Christianity went with the latter and handwaves the weakness this implies as good-god punishing people because of original sin.

A very interesting theory. I've long believed all religions can be traced to each other. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:28 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jason Thayer wrote:

Why?

Perhaps they all do? :lol:

If one has multiple personalities and no physical body, are they one or several?

Especially when you think of how many gods are known to be multi-faceted (crone/mother/maiden goddess being a common example).

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う