Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

PineappleLobster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 3:42 pm

Through the ages of 5 to 11, i had A LOT of imaginary friends, and would talk to them all the time and go on adventures.

When i was i think 9 years old, i discovered my mom's collection of Calvin and Hobbes comics and became obsessed with them, the comics.
For those who don't know, Calvin and Hobbes is about a troublesome 6 year old, Calvin, and his imaginary friend in the form of a stuffed tiger, Hobbes. They go on so many adventures, travel through time, get lost in the wilderness, and so on.

After reading those comics, i wanted to be calvin. I didn't have a stuffed tiger, but i did have a stuffed skunk, Little Stinker.
and then shabam, we were going on lovely journeys, going to different planets, fighting with the nonexistent monsters under the stairs, building spaceships and gadgets out of cardboard, etc.

Recently i played with Little Stinker in the snow and it was really fun, i hadn't played with him in a while, but it was pretty much the same as when i was younger.

I would love to hear stories about people's imaginary friends or stuffed animals

He/him they/them
~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

Paleonerd21
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Aug 2024, 8:05 pm

I did have some imaginary friends when I was a young child. They were the main cast from The Land Before Time movies and even real life dinosaurs. I didn’t have any imaginary friends who were human or anything else but dinosaurs, as one of my main interests at that time was dinosaurs.

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2024, 9:52 pm

Oh I had so many imaginary friends. For most of my childhood I had an imaginary sister who went everywhere with me. At different times I had others as well, taking the forms of various animals, robots, sometimes ghosts or something. Sometimes there would be a whole entourage of invisible creatures following me everywhere I went. I also had a lot of stuffed animals who each had names and personalities and everything.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

TikvaBall
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2024, 10:01 pm

I have plushies, and I see them as characters, similar to how they are in Toy Story. My favorite bear was named Corduroy. He was not the actual character, but I just named him after the Corduroy bear. He would repeat what you say when you pressed his paw. That bear was my best friend, and I'm still upset that he was lost.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2024, 11:27 pm

Hehe...SpongeBob SquarePants :heart: :heart: :heart:

And video game characters too!! !

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2024, 5:38 am

No, I never had any sort of imaginary friends per se. But for this one attempt when I was, I believe, 5 - I knew back then about the concept of imaginary friends (from TV) and one evening I imagined I had an imaginary friend - a cow :D Yes, a cow, for I lived in a village and my grandparents kept cows. I played under the table in our kitchen with my bovine best friend for the next couple of minutes and the next evening it was the same. And it was the end. I never imagined I had imaginary buddies later on but for those two evenings. Never ever.

When I imagine I'm someone else though (vide my topic on creating our fictional alter egos), I do have friends in those fantasies but it's something entirely else than having an actual imaginary friend.

JosetteJoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2024, 6:31 am

I have an imaginary friend named Tayla. She has a Golden Retriever. She refuses to tell me his name, though, so I just call him Bobo. She has a sister named Tala. They come from Imagination Land. The only way for them to get to our world is by creating a portal which I always put in my backyard. There's a bully from Imagination Land who I fight on trampolines. His name is Bully. I know. Very creative. Tayla, Tala, and I can make video calls with our minds so they can see what I see from far away because we're spies half the time. There's also Jeff who used to live in the attic. My twin sister and I would talk to him through the air conditioning but he's nocturnal so he was always very tired whenever we talked.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2024, 7:11 am

The “magic unicorns” were my imaginary friends. My brother insisted that they were not real, and asked, if they were real why he couldn’t see them? “Because they are *magic*” (hadn’t I already explained that? “Magic” is right in the name! They were small, about the size of rabbits, and they looked like chubby elephants with a small horn, right in the middle of their foreheads. They resembled Babar or the Hephalumps and Woozles in the Disney Winnie the Pooh movie. They always traveled in packs, and never spoke, but could understand you perfectly well. They were very helpful and very strong. They were a great comfort in sad times, kind of the way a cat knows when you have been crying. And it gave me great confidence to go into uncertainty situations knowing they were nearby and ready to help if asked.

I remember once explaining to my mother she didn’t have to worry if we ran out of gas in the car, the magic unicorns could easily carry the car along (from underneath of course). For some reason she seemed unimpressed or unconvinced.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2024, 7:31 pm

About half of the characters in this fiction series I think about turning into something like a novel were or are based on imaginary friends. Since the majority of them are anthro animals, they have personality traits of the kind of people I would have liked to have had as friends. My RL human friends either do one of several of the following, turn on me, don't include me or die or are suspected to be dead.

Anakili83
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2024, 3:17 pm

Have you seen "IF?" it's an excellent homage to imaginary friends. I've always had them. I made my hands into friends for years. It felt good having them literally by my side 24-7. They fought, made up, even acted while I watched movies. Great lip syncing lol. No I have an imaginary friend a bit older and protective of me.

Anakili83
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2024, 3:21 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Hehe...SpongeBob SquarePants :heart: :heart: :heart:

And video game characters too!! !

Stardew valley for me

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2024, 5:50 pm

When I was between the ages 2 and 4, I had an imaginary friend who was a very old bald man named Arnie. He would come to me in my dreams.

notboston
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Aug 2024, 11:10 am

Imaginary friends are an exercise to learn how to make friends in the absence of people.