Mold on Bread May Be Worse Than You Think

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:02 pm

If I see mould on a loaf, the whole loaf goes in the bin, not just a piece of it. :lol:

:eew:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:03 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
If I see mould on a loaf, the whole loaf goes in the bin, not just a piece of it.
Same here.  Not even the dogs get any.  That's just how I was raised.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
If I see mould on a loaf, the whole loaf goes in the bin, not just a piece of it.
Same here.  Not even the dogs get any.  That's just how I was raised.

Yep!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:23 pm

There are some pretty dumb things people believe. Cutting mouldy bits of bread isn't the worst. There's also the 5 second rule. A lot of people believe if you drop food on the ground, you can eat it as long as its < 5 seconds. :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 12:19 pm

A couple of weeks ago I accidentally dropped a plate of eggs and sausages on the floor and it made a big ketchupy mess. But I put the eggs and sausage back on the plate and ate them anyway. And I'm still alive.

When I was a kid I lived in the country and in the summer I'd often be camping so I was touching all kinds of dirty, germy things like bugs and worms, and I was probably eating handfuls of dirt or something. And that just might be why I can eat and digest normal food and don't get sick often. Parents are making their kids live in too sterile an environment and now they have less resistance. It got especially bad after covid, a lot of kids were getting sick after the restrictions were lifted.

But I digress, If I see any mold on bread or cheese I'm throwing the whole thing away because I know there are microscopic spores of it all through the food and that is just gross. :eew:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 12:31 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
If I see mould on a loaf, the whole loaf goes in the bin, not just a piece of it. :lol:

:eew:

My grandparents used to just cut the mouldy part out. I have no idea why people use sniff tests and other housewives tales. Yeah they occasionally work, but it helps using common sense too.....like if something is covered in mould don't eat it.

Even cavemen cooked their food and didn't eat anything that started to spoil.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 2:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:
There are some pretty dumb things people believe. Cutting mouldy bits of bread isn't the worst. There's also the 5 second rule. A lot of people believe if you drop food on the ground, you can eat it as long as its < 5 seconds. :lol:

Au contriare. Its doubting the five second rule that is irrational.

Its been scientifically proven that it takes longer than two minutes for any bad microbe to get on food dropped on the ground.