Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 9:18 pm

Since I had no choice but to discard my Lilith shrine after coming to the conclusion that she is a spiritual parasite (I was being plagued with very disturbing nightmares every night from having invoked her into my worship which I now deeply regret.)

I thought long about it and have decided I will try worshipping "friendlier" gods like the Shichifukujin found within Japan's religous beliefs.

These are the 6 Gods and 1 Goddesses who represent 7 blessings of luck. They bring only positive things to humans who pay tribute to them.

Ebisu the God of fishing, cooking, and business who holds a giant red snapper fish.

Daikokuten the God of commerce and wealth who weilds a giant golden hammer.

Bishamoten the God of Justice who protects noble warriors on the battlefield weilding a spear and helmet.

Benzaiten the Goddess of beauty and the arts holding her lute.

Hotei the big bellied God of Joy and protector of children.

And Jurojin & Fukurokuju the two elderly gods who are identicle and hold domain over wisdom and longivity. Fukurokuju I believe has the abnormal long head while Jurojin wears a cloth cap. And they both weild a staff.

Here's a picture of me visiting one of their shrines in Tokyo, Japan when I visited the country with my sister.

I think choosing 7 gods of luck is a better option than a primordial she-devil who's followers consist mostly of misandrists and edgelords. :D

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 1:36 am

Oh, you made like a little altar!? I like it very much. Are those porcelain figurines? I also like how they appear on a stone monument..Hope your seven Gods bring you a luck!

I have something "similar". I have devoted a piece of wall to my ancestors. Behind the photos are drawings of archeological artefacts from Vinča, Serbia, that are 8000 years old. These figurines usually represent Goddesses of fertility and they are decorated with intricate meandering and swastika patterns. Same or similar figurines can be found all around the Balkans, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Ukraine.

I also like to burn insence sticks next to it.

Here are two replicas that I have. But actual real artefacts are amazing to see. National museum in Belgrade has a great collection of them.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 3:42 am

Cant you get your "goddess needs" the way most Americans do?

Just stick with the Virgin Mary! :)

Simple.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 4:21 am

^^Who, me? That would be hard to me :). Neolith and ancient ways of life, the cult of ancestors, lasted here and was very intensive up until just 100 years ago. Christianity was forced on us, we are still celebrating same customs we had thousands years ago. Those who forced us have had to incorporate both our customs and our old deities into our version of Christianity that is a Serbian Eastern Orthodoxy. Those deities are now different Saints...However, I am agnostic..spiritual, yes, but not very religious.

Ancient ways of life are very interesting to me from ethnographic and anthropological point of view. In that way I respect anybody's beliefs and customs.

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 5:14 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Simple.

This brings up an interesting question that I've had. No offense at all to catholics or christians of any flavor.

If catholics worship the Virgin Mary (as a saint I suppose?) and other saints ... I know they are not "worshipped" like gods, they are subservient to God and all .. but so were lesser gods in many polytheistic religions. So are Catholics closet Polytheists?

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 5:17 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
These are the 6 Gods and 1 Goddesses who represent 7 blessings of luck. They bring only positive things to humans who pay tribute to them.

I think choosing 7 gods of luck is a better option than a primordial she-devil who's followers consist mostly of misandrists and edgelords. :D

Nice looking shrine :)

Since you mentioned Lilith, it reminds me of this. My mom always hated guns and brought me up to as well. Then suddenly she had a mid-life crisis or something and got tattoos and a gun. She named her gun Lilith. She is very proud of it and wants to show it off a lot.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 8:26 am

DazyDaisy wrote:
Oh, you made like a little altar!? I like it very much. Are those porcelain figurines? I also like how they appear on a stone monument..Hope your seven Gods bring you a luck!

I have something "similar". I have devoted a piece of wall to my ancestors. Behind the photos are drawings of archeological artefacts from Vinča, Serbia, that are 8000 years old. These figurines usually represent Goddesses of fertility and they are decorated with intricate meandering and swastika patterns. Same or similar figurines can be found all around the Balkans, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Ukraine.

Here are two replicas that I have. But actual real artefacts are amazing to see. National museum in Belgrade has a great collection of them.

Interesting. Apparently from the era prior the proto Indo European invaders. And their male dominated pantheons.

The Balkans had rather interesting budding civilization going in the Neolithic. The Minoans on Crete might have been the only remnant.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 9:07 am

naturalplastic wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:

Interesting. Apparently from the era prior the proto Indo European invaders. And their male dominated pantheons.

The Balkans had rather interesting budding civilization going in the Neolithic. The Minoans on Crete might have been the only remnant.

There are many theories circulating, old school ones, new school, Berlin-Wiena school and each of them has their own agenda of proving who are direct descendents of those civilizations. It's a vast area, in Romania and Ukraine it called Cucuteni-Trypillian, in Bulgaria it is called Karanovo-Gumelnitza, in Serbia and Ex-YU it is called Danubian..People from ex-yu are genetically the same, little bit Slavs, little bit Celts, little bit of paleo Balkan tribes..only lately we've been separated by nationalities and little bit earlier by religions. Unfortunately. As for me, I don't care, people are people to me anywhere. If you dig further I believe you will find that we are all distant cousins. No matter what nation or race.

Yes, Minoan civilization is a peak, the most advanced phase of what started in Neolithic times, even before. I will try to find Minoan figurines I find adorable.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 9:15 am

^^^

https://pin.it/5DVOyQpMr

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 10:47 am

DazyDaisy wrote:

Wow! That is very interesting! :D thank you for sharing. :heart:

And yes these are very old antiques made of porcelain. They belonged to my late grandparents, my late grandfather's wife loved collecting antiques from Japan when her husband was stationed there many years ago.

My grandfather left them to me so they are my most treasured belongings. :)

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 10:52 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Simple.

I actually prefer Goddess Columbia over The Virgin Mary. She is the REAL "American Goddess". 8)

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... %20victory.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 10:56 am

^^^ In that case they are even more valuable! Love your posts. Lots of new, interesting things to learn.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 11:01 am

AnanstrixG wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Quote:

Since you mentioned Lilith, it reminds me of this. My mom always hated guns and brought me up to as well. Then suddenly she had a mid-life crisis or something and got tattoos and a gun. She named her gun Lilith. She is very proud of it and wants to show it off a lot.

Glad you think so! :D

As for Lilith worshippers, I guess I really should not be too harshly judgemental of her worshippers. But I'm starting to understand why Jews and Mesopotamians viewed her as pure evil.

She's even been hijacked as a feminist icon, but I've had more experienced neopagans and occultists explain to me how disturbing this trend is. Lilith actually embodies the absolutely worst traits of the divine feminine.

One lady told me that rather than a symbol of worship Lilith should be regarded more as something in the human psyche that should be overcome in order to achieve true spiritual enlightenment. Which started making sense to me.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 12:56 pm

AnanstrixG wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Since you enjoyed that educational video on the origins of Yahweh that I shared with you. Here are two more by the same man who explains the interesting history of Lilith. :)

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:15 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Simple.

That's just for the Catholics.

Protestants don't approve of worshipping Mary.

Although there is a bit of a movement to bring back Asherah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnLSbIivz0M

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:31 pm

I would personally have no objections to honoring Mary even though I wasn't raised Catholic. In fact there's some interesting history behind how she was linked to the Aztec Mother Goddess known as Tonantzin after the people of Mexico were (forcibly) converted to Christianity by the Spanish where she became known as "Our Lady of Guadalupe". Also even in Japan she had an interesting history where she was linked to the Goddess of Mercy known as Kannon by underground Japanese Christians who used Kannon's statues and imagery in substitute for Mary in order to avoid persecution by the Shogun which had outlawed outside religions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theyuc ... alupe/amp/

https://paragonbook.art.blog/2019/06/12 ... ia-kannon/

In a way, it's like Mother Mary is 'every' Goddess! :D