Trump says country faces ‘bloodbath’ if Biden wins

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 1:37 am

Politico

Quote:
Donald Trump on Saturday said it will be a “bloodbath” for the United States if he doesn’t win in November.

“Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s gonna be a bloodbath. That’s going to be the least of it,” Trump said during a rally near Dayton, Ohio. “It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.”

While it was unclear what the former president meant exactly, the remarks came as Trump was complaining about the automobile industry.

He then returned to telling the crowd that China would not be able to sell any vehicles imported into the U.S. if he wins reelection.

Trump frequently paints a dark picture of the country as he lays out his case against President Joe Biden ahead of November’s presidential rematch. And he often employs increasingly heightened rhetoric when addressing the felony charges he is facing in his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in the run-up to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

The events of Jan. 6 are a heavy presence throughout his campaign events, as Trump continues to decry the election he lost four years ago. As he often does, Trump opened Saturday’s rally with a recording of Jan. 6 prisoners singing the national anthem. Saluting the crowd, Trump then said he would issue pardons for the Trump-supporting “hostages” on the first day of his presidency.

“You see the spirit from the hostages. And that’s what they are — hostages,” Trump said in the opening words of his rally.

Former Vice President Mike Pence broke with Trump on Friday, announcing that he would not endorse him in 2024.

Why does Politico have a problem understanding what Trump meant exactly?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 5:08 am

Trump holds local protectionism on the issue of the impact of the auto industry by other countries.
Why does this newspaper say they don't understand?Is it a cover-up of the problem?

edit:Oh! I see! The headline looks like Trump is threatening a massacre.How calculative Biden's team is.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:03 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Politico
Quote:
Donald Trump on Saturday said it will be a “bloodbath” for the United States if he doesn’t win in November.

“Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s gonna be a bloodbath. That’s going to be the least of it,” Trump said during a rally near Dayton, Ohio. “It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.”

While it was unclear what the former president meant exactly, the remarks came as Trump was complaining about the automobile industry.

He then returned to telling the crowd that China would not be able to sell any vehicles imported into the U.S. if he wins reelection.

Trump frequently paints a dark picture of the country as he lays out his case against President Joe Biden ahead of November’s presidential rematch. And he often employs increasingly heightened rhetoric when addressing the felony charges he is facing in his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in the run-up to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

The events of Jan. 6 are a heavy presence throughout his campaign events, as Trump continues to decry the election he lost four years ago. As he often does, Trump opened Saturday’s rally with a recording of Jan. 6 prisoners singing the national anthem. Saluting the crowd, Trump then said he would issue pardons for the Trump-supporting “hostages” on the first day of his presidency.

“You see the spirit from the hostages. And that’s what they are — hostages,” Trump said in the opening words of his rally.

Former Vice President Mike Pence broke with Trump on Friday, announcing that he would not endorse him in 2024.
Because Trump has a reputation for saying one thing, and meaning another.

Taken literally, he is predicting (threatening?) bloody violence if he is not elected.

More figuratively, he could be predicting (threatening?) his own suicide by exsanguination (in a bathtub) if he doesn't win.

Who knows?

For that matter, who cares?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 10:04 pm

America faces a bloodbath no matter who wins. The world is in a bad enough state right now.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2024, 4:38 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

My take is that Trump's intention was to say one thing on the surface level and at the same time send a message to his crazy followers. If he were only commenting on the economy he wouldn't use the word "bloodbath". Politico is reading this right. Trump instigates his "nutcase army" to riot if he loses again.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2024, 8:54 am

I think there is no planning with this. The signal comes out whenever.

If Politico is wondering if Trump meant economic bloodbath they are ignoring the last 9 years.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman