Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 6:45 am

Especially since Coronavirus, it seems to me like there have been a lot more homeless than before Coronavirus. (Not a measurement, not a representative sample). Two blocks from my house, a woman was trying to sell pupusas. Some dude was riding a bike and selling coffee at the same time.

My dumpster fire "job" only pays minimum wage and I am afraid that when prices skyrocket, or I get physically injured and can't work, ori get made redundant ("at will employer"), I will end up homeless.

Been trying to save cash but I know nothing I do will be good enough

My health is not good enough to work two full time jobs because I need too much sleep

Have you been homeless before?

Are you afraid of becoming homeless?

How do you feel about homeless people?

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 7:17 am

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.

I have not been homeless.

I have known people who were.

I have done volunteerism to support homeless people.

Sometimes seeing people who are homeless contributes to my overwhelm. My own problems seem so heavy it is hard to think of helping others.

Sometimes I think “there, but for the grace of God, go I”

Many people who are homeless have mental health issues, and / or family of origin issues.

When I was younger I would take a few of the homeless people who were looking for money near the church where I went to daily mass to the silver truck at the corner and let them order lunch, and I would pay.

I find now that I am 56 it feels harder to reach out.