I can't always stand my four year old nephew

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 3:37 pm

I seem to think there have been times when I get on with him, but there are times when I don't especially when he's being hyper, running around, trying to distract you with what he's watching on his mum's phone, having tantrums and so on. I've sometimes wondered to myself why I've complained a number of times about not having kids of my own because some of my peers have and at the same time, a part of my brain seems uninterested in them but I complain because it just feels that for adults in their 20s and 30s, they ''have to follow the Joneses'' regardless of whether they want to or not because that's what we humans do and that's why I feel like the only one who hasn't ''moved forward'' because others have kids.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 3:41 pm

I couldn't always stand my niece when she was 4 years old and I'm a Pro-life person who loves children. You're not the only one. I've been there. I remember Easter that year when she was grabbing everything she got and didn't say thank you to anyone and my sister had to remind her of her manners such as please, thank you and hugging everybody. I was about to tell her myself. That was quite an Easter.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 2:13 am

How many people on this forum do you think follow the neurotypical path of life's milestone expectations??

Almost none. Along with a lot of other people in society who do whatever the hell they want.

If you want to do what you feel is Expected of you, then do those things. If you want to do different things, do those things. Do whatever you want.