Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 10:48 am

Anyone else absolutely adore this movie? It's among my top ten favorites. I think it's brilliantly done, although it's not an intellectual movie of course. The way that you never really notice who's missing because of the camera shots must have taken quite a bit of forethought. Watching it several times reveals other cool stuff. For example, one of the first shots of Col. Mustard cuts to him glancing at the chandelier, which almost falls on him later and scares the crap out of him. The scene where Mr. Green is trying to sit down and every seat he attempts to take gets taken as he approaches it is also pretty funny. Tons of stuff like that- my favorite is the one where all the men cross their legs in unison.

The dialogue, I think, is really awesome too. It's basically one one-liner after another, and can have me in stitches. I like Miss White's quotes best, like "Men should be like Kleenex, soft, strong, and disposable." She's such a horrible person- they kind of all are, except Mr. Green. What they say to each other is completely ridiculous, especially in the situation, but that's the beauty of it.

Clue never attempts to be anything but a ridiculous comedy, mind you- it's not a murder mystery. People die, yes, but you don't care that they do, or who killed them, or where, or with what. You just love watching it.

"Is there or isn't there anyone else in the house, yes or no?"

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 11:07 am

I love "Clue"! I recently bought it used at Electronics Boutique. I even got my brothers and father to enjoy it, as well.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 1:37 pm

I'm afraid to say I have never heard of this film.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 2:46 pm

I haven't seen the movie, but I used to play the Game with my Class when I was in Grade 4. Is the movie fashioned after the Board Game?

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 8:45 pm

Yes, the movie is based off of the board game, Cockney Rebel. The characters in the movie are the same as the ones you can play in the game, and the weapons and rooms are all the same, too. The plot is basically the same as in the game, but with more of a motive. It's really all about the comedy, though. It's absolutely absurd :) .

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 12:25 pm

Serissa wrote:
Anyone else absolutely adore this movie? It's among my top ten favorites. I think it's brilliantly done, although it's not an intellectual movie of course. The way that you never really notice who's missing because of the camera shots must have taken quite a bit of forethought. Watching it several times reveals other cool stuff. For example, one of the first shots of Col. Mustard cuts to him glancing at the chandelier, which almost falls on him later and scares the crap out of him. The scene where Mr. Green is trying to sit down and every seat he attempts to take gets taken as he approaches it is also pretty funny. Tons of stuff like that- my favorite is the one where all the men cross their legs in unison.

The dialogue, I think, is really awesome too. It's basically one one-liner after another, and can have me in stitches. I like Miss White's quotes best, like "Men should be like Kleenex, soft, strong, and disposable." She's such a horrible person- they kind of all are, except Mr. Green. What they say to each other is completely ridiculous, especially in the situation, but that's the beauty of it.

Clue never attempts to be anything but a ridiculous comedy, mind you- it's not a murder mystery. People die, yes, but you don't care that they do, or who killed them, or where, or with what. You just love watching it.

"Is there or isn't there anyone else in the house, yes or no?"

I've seen it and although it had some funny moments, I wasn't all that impressed. Of course, I saw it on TV and it may have been edited from its theatrical release.

I remember when it was in theaters, it was marked with three endings, A, B, and C. You had to go to a different theater to see each one. I thought that was strange. When it was on TV though, they showed all three endings and I'm sure the video tapes did the same thing. Ending C was the worst.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 2:02 pm

PrisonerSix wrote:

I've seen it and although it had some funny moments, I wasn't all that impressed. Of course, I saw it on TV and it may have been edited from its theatrical release.

I remember when it was in theaters, it was marked with three endings, A, B, and C. You had to go to a different theater to see each one. I thought that was strange. When it was on TV though, they showed all three endings and I'm sure the video tapes did the same thing. Ending C was the worst.

Was ending C the one where they all did it? That was my favorite, especially for the "I hated her SO much... flames, flames, on the side of my face- breathing- breathle- heaving breaths, heaving breaths..." monologue.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 7:12 pm

Quote:
Was ending C the one where they all did it? That was my favorite, especially for the "I hated her SO much... flames, flames, on the side of my face- breathing- breathle- heaving breaths, heaving breaths..." monologue.

That was my favorite ending, as well, and yes, it's the one where they all did it.

I like the alternate endings idea, as it plays in with the concept of the game.

Ms. White was my favorite character, she was so dark and quirky, heheh.

"Oh, my husband, he just lies on his back all day."

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 2:45 pm

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 3:06 pm

Quote:
You scored as Mr. Green.

You are Mr. Green. He works for the State Department, and would be fired if his sexual prefrence were revealed. He is awkward and clumsy, and blends into a crowd suspiciously well...

I expected as much, heh.

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 10:47 am

I love this movie and game. I also love "Murder by Death" (a Neil Simon Film). I scored as the butler.

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 4:24 pm

I scored as Professor Plum.