Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 6:03 pm

How easily do you get cold?

It seems like the older I get, the colder (temperature) I get.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 6:34 pm

I feel cold more often than I feel warm. I don't know if it's the change in my hormones or the world worn feeling that I deal with as I get older.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Mar 2024, 3:42 pm

I get cold very easily & I also get hot very easily. Sometimes when I go to bed my body feels cold even thou I can tell the room is hot or that it's warm under the covers. When I'm cold from being outside my body sometimes feels cold for a while after I'm in bed covered up. However when I get physically active like while doing chores or walking I start feeling hot even when my body can tell that the temp is cold & I also sweat easily. I sometimes have cold &/or hot flashes while not doing much at all & I sometimes alternate between being cold & hot. Like I'm hot & fifteen minutes later I'm cold & then hot again while the temp & my activity level is the same. I always had a low tolerance to cold & heat but the issue has gotten a lot worse in the last decade. My guess as to why is due to hormone imbalances. I read that hormone imbalances can cause cold & hot flashes & I'm slightly trans & on a few meds to affect my hormones. I also majorly let my physical health go downhill & really need to start being more active.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 4:14 pm

I've started wearing a hat in bed sometimes and it's incredible how it stops the draft getting to me

I'm prone to drafts me but apart from that I'm quite warm usually. I can easily get away without having the heating on as long as I'm not sat in a draft and when I'm out in the winter time I could never where a hoodie and a coat or else I'd be dripping in sweat. I'm not even on the menopause either. It's just a normal thing for me.