Has anyone used social skills software?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

__Elijahahahaho
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2024, 1:27 pm

I am building a simple tool to automatically visualise elements of social interactions and step through them for practice and planning.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2024, 7:50 pm

It will be very helpful to me.

__Elijahahahaho
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2024, 4:26 am

I think that most autistics are good at visualising, so a visual aid would be the way to go.

I don't think there is anything that does diagrammatic translation of arbitrary text in this way.
The only thing I have seen is "social stories" which is just a static scripted game.

Tebdog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Apr 2024, 11:04 am

Have you been able to complete this yet? This sounds fantastic!

__Elijahahahaho
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Apr 2024, 11:19 am

I am working slowly on it! Unfortunately I have just been fired from my other job so bit stressed but excited to hear about the interest.

Language is very very complicated, but I think I can do something simple. That looks at a chat and pulls out the entities in it
then draws a little ball and stick picture you can annotate with guesses about emotions, and maybe inferences or thoughts.

Then you can look at different people and see how they responded in the past to better understand "who" they are,
hopefully revising this before interacting so you can avoid the pitfalls of context that autistics so often fall into.

At the moment I am very confused by what to do with "recursion" though - like in text language we can use write a sentence about a sentence about a sentence about bob who told frank who told sam to eat some eggs... and so on. How to capture this visually is confusing me, but certainly doable and will be very rewarding.