Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 12:41 pm

Forbes

Quote:
A new survey of 306 autistic individuals residing in eight countries found that participants from Japan and Belgium experienced the lowest levels of societal acceptance.

The study participants were from the USA, UK, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and Belgium. While autistic people living in Canada, the UK, and South Africa reported slightly higher levels of feeling accepted, across all countries, only 23.5% of the participants reported that society accepted them as an autistic person.

“Autism acceptance can be defined as an individual feeling accepted or appreciated as an autistic person, with autism positively recognized and accepted by others and the self as an integral part of that individual,” the researchers explained.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:27 pm

Quote:
While autistic people living in Canada, the UK, and South Africa reported slightly higher levels of feeling accepted

The UK where they lock autistic people up for years and throw away the key. Bizarre double standards

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/human-right ... es-2972804

- George Bernie Shaw