Strange fishy behavior going on in Florida

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2024, 5:24 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 154495007/

Maybe it's a sign? I think these sea critters can sense evil! And both Donald Trump and Ron DeSatan live in this state so...

:fish:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2024, 6:01 pm

My money is on a parasitic infestation -- brain worms, or the like.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2024, 6:47 pm

Maybe, but if the waters around Florida start to turn blood red and they get infested with locusts and fire rains from the sky those Floridians are in big trouble. :nerdy:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2024, 7:01 pm

Just in...

the first born of every family in Florida...just dropped dead! Lol!

========================

My guess...its the war on drugs. The drug smuggling boats heave their cargos overboard when the Coast Guard starts chasing them. The bales of coke end up in the Florida Keys waters. And the sawfish bite the bales, and OD on coke.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2024, 7:13 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Just in...

the first born of every family in Florida...just dropped dead! Lol!

:lol:

Just like in "The Prince of Egypt" :farao:

https://youtu.be/GJleW4TCQM0?feature=shared

Quote:
My guess...its the war on drugs. The drug smuggling boats heave their cargos overboard when the Coast Guard starts chasing them. The bales of coke end up in the Florida Keys waters. And the sawfish bite the bales, and OD on coke.

Maybe it's all that fentanyl too? :mrgreen:

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 4:32 pm

Nah - plagues are unleashed by gods, and Florida is a land forsaken by gods. Florida residents need no further punishment from a deity, as living in Florida is it's own punishment.

My money is on drugs, or parasites. I wouldn't rule out drugged-up parasites...

And as far as drugs, doesn't even have to be dumped by a runner and found by sea life - there are jerks who would intentionally try to feed drugs to wildlife for lols.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 4:38 pm

It's so obvious the world is coming to an end. I mean, just look at it. Every day something new and disturbing because of climate change or human stupidity. I don't care what people say about there being plagues and war and disasters and animals happening in history before without the world ending. This time it's for real.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 4:43 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Nah - plagues are unleashed by gods, and Florida is a land forsaken by gods. Florida residents need no further punishment from a deity, as living in Florida is it's own punishment.

And as far as drugs, doesn't even have to be dumped by a runner and found by sea life - there are jerks who would intentionally try to feed drugs to wildlife for lols.

You do realize I used to live in Florida?

And I say that the old gods haven't left this place. :twisted:

I think that the entire country is slowly falling to a curse. :skull:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 6:38 pm

Weve already seen stories about suspected "cocaine sharks" in south Florida waters.

Sawfish (not to be confused with swordfish) are related to sharks (kind of intermediate between sharks and rays) and probably share with sharks the instinct to bite stuff the sends out the right electric signature...and bags of drugs may "feel" like living game to them.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 7:00 pm

What the hell goes on in Florida :lol:

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 7:00 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I've always / only lived in Florida. What'cha point?

The old gods are long forgotten to most, and remembered mostly as distorted shades who more resemble people's personal desires than the forces of nature they were once believed to be, romanticized and commercialized to the benefit of the new "gods" of money, greed, power, privilege, or vice, in their various forms.

I think the country is reaping the consequences of their own misguided decisions.

That aside, I'm glad FWC is looking into things. I grew up on the water. I like to see it taken care of.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 7:06 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I've always / only lived in Florida. What'cha point?

The old gods are long forgotten to most, and remembered mostly as distorted shades who more resemble people's personal desires than the forces of nature they were once believed to be, romanticized and commercialized to the benefit of the new "gods" of money, greed, power, privilege, or vice, in their various forms.

I think the country is reaping the consequences of their own misguided decisions.

That aside, I'm glad FWC is looking into things. I grew up on the water. I like to see it taken care of.

My point is that the old gods haven't left this place, and they still grant power to those who venerate them. Power to defy even death. :skull:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 10:10 pm

Once upon a time...

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
... the old gods haven't left this place, and they still grant power to those who venerate them. Power to defy even death.
... and they lived happily ever after.

:roll: Go ahead, tell us another one.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 10:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
Once upon a time...
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
... the old gods haven't left this place, and they still grant power to those who venerate them. Power to defy even death.
... and they lived happily ever after.

:roll: Go ahead, tell us another one.

Well we're all gonna be nuked in a couple of years. 10 Dollars!