Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

The Queen of Hearts or The Queen of Spades?
Judith 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Athena 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 3

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 1:18 am

Would you pick Judith the biblical heroine who defeated the Assyrian armies and saved Israel by seducing, intoxicating, and decapitating their head general with his own sword.

Or Athena the Greek Goddess of strategic warfare featured in many myths and legends like the one where she aided the Greeks in defeating the Trojans in the Trojan War or the story of when she aided the hero Perseus in decapitating the monster Medusa and placed her head on her shield as a trophy

(Both the Queen of Hearts and the Queen of Spades were involved in decapitations it seems :mrgreen: )

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 4:44 am

Meh, the Assyrians were going down anyway. I mean besides Yossarian they haven't done anything of note for a long while. And Athena is a goddess...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 5:35 am

Peaches to pears.

Judith was a mere mortal person, like you and me, who used her non-supernatural powers of seduction to kill the top enemy general. Quite an achievement for a regular person. While Athena was a god with god powers.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 8:41 am

Yeah I agree. While what Judith did was really impressive for a mortal woman living in ancient times, the fact is Athena was an immortal goddess who would forever outlive her. :nerdy:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:50 pm

we need gods or godlike people to help us at this point.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 11:06 pm

Perhaps Judith could be a sword-weilding heroine favored by the Goddess Athena? If she weren't already commited to Yahweh of course. After all as a Virgin War Goddess Athena believed in purity and virtue, and despite the way Judith dressed and seduced the Assyrian general she somehow managed to avoid having sex or getting raped by this man before she took his head off with his own sword.

I think Athena would have been proud. 8)