Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

AshleyD
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2024, 4:38 pm

Coming out finally at age 15 was a huge relief.It was in October of 1994,2nd month in school as a sophomore and my older brother was a senior.He saw it with me knowing something was not right with me.Did tell my parents this and they tried to talk to me about it at first.It was a teacher I had that seen it and was concerned about it.It was after class we talked,told me I was bottling something up which makes it worse.I knew she was right and it was after coming home from school going in my room putting my things on my bed.Walked and told my parents I needed to come out about something.Sat at the kitchen table and told them I am transgender sobbing up a little bit.Both hugged me and said they will find help for me.It was my brother next,he came home going into his room.Asked him if we can talk.Said yes and came out to him as transgender.We hugged and took it well.I was diagnosed with gender dysphoria and decided to transition.Good thing is school worked with us letting me go to school as female and my
family decided to support me.Transitioned till I was 18 deciding not to have the gender reassignment surgery.Did have the trachea shave and breast augmentation.My family does not miss the unhappy son and brother they had.They love me as a sister and daughter to this day