Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 1:42 pm

^
Interesting about expiry. I just checked mine, and sure enough although they conform to ISO 12312-2, they say "do not use after 3 years." Interesting that the makers printed an out-of-date expiry warning along with an up-to-date specification. Is it over-cynical to imagine they knew the warning was obsolete but retained it to keep their sales artificially high next time round? They had no qualms about selling the glasses without protective packaging, which risks damage that could conceivably lead to harming users' vision this time round. There was a more expensive type wrapped in cellophane but they were sold only in packs of two, and it would be hard to get the glasses back into the packaging after removing them. I also wonder how careful the process of redistributing old glasses to the poor via a charity will be. Will they test each pair and wrap them in protective packaging, or will it be like some of the food banks that give away unsafe food? But I also suspect that a bit of damage could be harmless. Don't quote me on that.