Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Goofybee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Apr 2024, 10:23 pm

Hi guys! I’m new around here, I came across this awesome space from googling random questions about life :lol: I’ve been reading through posts for about over an hour now, and it makes me so happy that so many people of different ages and lifestyles can gather and relate to each other. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to feel seen and hear your experiences/advice! :heart:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2024, 10:27 pm

Welcome to WP, Goofybee!

:alien:

PineappleLobster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2024, 12:25 am

Hello and welcome to Wrong Planet!

My pronouns are they/them and he/him

~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

PineappleLobster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2024, 12:27 am

Aha i spot another crocheter, too :o

My pronouns are they/them and he/him

~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2024, 9:14 am

Welcome!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 10:12 am

Ahoy-hoy.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 1:03 pm

Welcome to WP! I think you will find some antiques here, too (like me!).

Hokulea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2024, 4:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

utterly absurd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2024, 8:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 8:52 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Summers_Over
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2024, 9:06 pm

Welcome I'm new too!! ! Hoping to meet new friends here! :heart:

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Yesterday, 9:43 pm

Hello and welcome to the club!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 8:38 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Not much here so I dug a little deeper. In answer to your question - it is possible that you found your soulmate.

What is a soulmate? According to the internet: a soulmate is a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

I dove a little deeper:

You work in an antique store as a clerk. Your interest are "Everything. Crochet, clay, plants, Garfield, snoopy, it never ends". You wrote your diagnosis was "other autism spectrum disorder" - I am not sure what that is.

In your first post you wrote:

Hello everyone! :) this is officially my first post

I met this guy who is probably the closest thing to what I imagine a forever partner could be. Literally sweeps me off my feet, goes out of his way to make sure I'm comfortable, gives thoughtful and appropriate gifts, AND is a totally competent/independent person. When we get into deep conversation while also finding space for humor and breaks, it feels safer than my own pillows at night. He's equally as awkward as me which helps conversation sooo well!

My main point is that during this amazing journey, every time he surprises me with a date or gives the sweetest compliment in the world, I feel pressure all over and then suddenly I mentally cannot read the situation at all, all social awareness is gone causing me to panic decide my next action. Sometimes being " Can I have a hug? " , I sit there and stare at him blank not knowing how to respond for gross amounts of time, or I don't respond at all. OR the complete opposite I thank him WAY too much or give the worlds longest hug. The longer I tense and don't know how to react it feels like my body is gonna implode

I would love to hear any stories or advice.

In another post you wrote:

My coworker took me out to lunch after work as a late birthday gift but for some reason didn’t let me pick the restaurant. I am massively food/texture picky. I’m OK with my food touching, but I don’t like to mix it. I like to take a bite of each at a time to get an even taste, Or else it will affect my appetite. He chooses a Chinese buffet that is known for not being that great, almost everything available was cross contaminated and the rice had that crusty texture on top :x I don’t mean to sound ungrateful I appreciate his gesture and offering to get me dinner. But it didn’t quite reach as my favorite meal of the day.

O.K. Let me try and explain. You may be soulmates. Really this is real. But understand that you are different. If you both are the same species, then it is critical that you learn to know and understand the differences - the things that drive you crazy and the things that drive him crazy. You may be very sensitive to the smell/taste/texture of food. He may not be but at the same time he may be very sensitive to something else. Something that you have no problem with.

If you can learn these explosion points, then you can learn to compensate, you can pair. Together the two of you can become a powerhouse and deal with anything that life might throw your way.

If he knows what makes you explode and if you know what makes him explode, you can learn to avoid the problem areas.