I’ve been wanting to start work recently…

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

PineappleLobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2024, 12:18 am

I’ve been wanting to find a job and start earning money recently.

I’m pretty close to my downtown area, where there are various shops (toys, food, books, clothes), cafes, and restaurants (restaurants are a no go but they are there.). There is also a library within walking distance i was thinking about, but they have white lighting which i do not favor.
I could maybe find something online, but as far as i know most of the jobs i gotta be a legal adult for. I was trying to do eBay earlier but it wants me to be 18

Stuff to keep in mind: i have no prior work experience, aka. hasn’t had a job before, can’t drive a car, can sorta ride a bike, social anxiety, i sometimes shutdown when exposed to crowds for an extended period of time (2+ hours), and i’m not yet a legal adult.

Would love to hear some tips and suggestions for starting a job as an aspie!

My pronouns are they/them and he/him

~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 2:45 am

PineappleLobster wrote:
I’ve been wanting to find a job and start earning money recently.

I’m pretty close to my downtown area, where there are various shops (toys, food, books, clothes), cafes, and restaurants (restaurants are a no go but they are there.). There is also a library within walking distance i was thinking about, but they have white lighting which i do not favor.
I could maybe find something online, but as far as i know most of the jobs i gotta be a legal adult for. I was trying to do eBay earlier but it wants me to be 18

Stuff to keep in mind: i have no prior work experience, aka. hasn’t had a job before, can’t drive a car, can sorta ride a bike, social anxiety, i sometimes shutdown when exposed to crowds for an extended period of time (2+ hours), and i’m not yet a legal adult.

Would love to hear some tips and suggestions for starting a job as an aspie!

Is there anyway you could get one of your parents or trusted adults to take you places where you could dogsit or mow lawns/yard work.You could cut the grass of your neighbors or family friends or family.Also could you use your parents ebay account with their permission?Maybe do a lemonade stand.Be sure to check into getting a permit to do that.I am not a lawyer.

PineappleLobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2024, 12:22 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Is there anyway you could get one of your parents or trusted adults to take you places where you could dogsit or mow lawns/yard work.You could cut the grass of your neighbors or family friends or family.Also could you use your parents ebay account with their permission?Maybe do a lemonade stand.Be sure to check into getting a permit to do that.I am not a lawyer.

Both parents work, and all of my older siblings either work, go to college, or both. So it’s probably gonna be easiest for me to get to places by myself.

I could, potentially do that with eBay. However, there is an invoice fee and also it may be a hassle transferring the money i earn from their bank account, to mine.

My pronouns are they/them and he/him

~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 2:20 pm

PineappleLobster wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Both parents work, and all of my older siblings either work, go to college, or both. So it’s probably gonna be easiest for me to get to places by myself.

I could, potentially do that with eBay. However, there is an invoice fee and also it may be a hassle transferring the money i earn from their bank account, to mine.

Oh okay.Just be aware that in America the money you make is technically your parent's money until you are 18.Your bank account is technically prolly theirs until you are 18.