Have super right wingers even met trans people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 3:26 am

lol character limit on the title so I couldn't put the full title I meant, but like I wonder how many people complaining about transgender people have actually met one.

LIke for instance for a time me and my boyfriend lived with my brother and some room-mates, a while back and a couple times a trans girl came over with the group...And like I could sort of see maybe she was still transitioning like growing her hair out longer and she was getting boobs to grow in. But yeah it did not feel like a man faking it just to perve on women, it felt like she really was a woman and so I thought of her just as a fellow woman and was glad to have interacted with her.

So yeah with all the crap conservatives and maga talk, have they actually spent any time hanging out around a trans person?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 7:15 am

:lol: I know what you mean.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 7:25 am

I doubt most magas or conservatives have been in any or many situations where they are exposed to a real life trans person. They probably try to avoid circumstances that might occur where they would come across trans folk - on purpose.

Jutty1224
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2024, 12:15 pm

I have been wondering the same thing. A lot of the media coverage that I have been experiencing in the last few years from both right wing media outlets, and conservatives themselves on main stream media don't really seem to understand the reality of those who are gender divergent. It's sort of like they show trans folk, specifically those who may be transitioning to female as more like female impersonators, or men in drag. There have been moments when I've thought, what if I were to share a photo or someone who is gender divergent, and ask them if they could identify whether they thought, using a way they might express it, if the person was either biologically male or female. Another thing, while media coverage of this is fairly recent, I have been aware of it for at least 20 years. It will be 26 years this summer since I first got to experience the web, and at some point during the first two years I came across the person website of someone who was either gender divergent or intersex, and became fascinated.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 12:28 pm

Some super right wingers might be trans.
Our biology doesn't necessarily inform our politics.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 5:53 am

If you listen to right-wing media you'd quickly get the impression that all public toilets are now crammed with trans people waiting for you to misgender them so they can cancel you, or if you live in Scotland, have you arrested for hate speech.

If there's a correlation between right-wing political views and transphobia I'd suspect it's because of media distorting the reality of trans prevalence than much direct experience.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm

I currently work "in the belly of the beast" so to speak (understand I, myself, am a progressive and very supportive of transgender people, just ended up at this job because of life) and see lots of things that MAGA Evangelicals say.

I will not go into much detail at all for privacy sake, but the thing I can tell you is that at least some of them have. Of those that I know have, all but one of them have shown absolutely no empathy for the trans people in their lives. The one that did still wasn't supportive, but seemed to be coming around a little bit because they criticized a ministry for being too hateful of trans people in light of the fact that they themselves have a child that is trans. I've never seen that any of the others even do that. In their "loved" ones (loved put in quotations, for obvious reasons) that are transgender all they see are demons, spirits, indoctrination, agendas, evil and the need for deliverance, salvation, repentance.

Awfully sad people, I must say. No love left in their hearts. These people are very scary.