Have you been bullied for a special interest?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2024, 7:37 pm

Like I said in many topics, I have been bullied for liking Looney Tunes because it is for a younger audience. Recently someone accused me of liking ageplay because my favourite Short is The Stupid Cupid. To the point where I'm worried about getting the doll. Well, I'm not one. It was the first Short I watched without a third party character and I just think it's amazing and find it interesting how it's technically Lost Media!

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 8:41 pm

I've been bullied for a special interest twice here on WP and once at work, 13 years ago.

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2024, 8:56 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've been bullied for a special interest twice here on WP and once at work, 13 years ago.

Who bullies people on WP? This is supposed to be a safe space. People are such jerks sometimes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 8:57 pm

utterly absurd wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Who bullies people on WP? This is supposed to be a safe space. People are such jerks sometimes.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 9:07 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
Like I said in many topics, I have been bullied for liking Looney Tunes because it is for a younger audience. Recently someone accused me of liking ageplay because my favourite Short is The Stupid Cupid. To the point where I'm worried about getting the doll. Well, I'm not one. It was the first Short I watched without a third party character and I just think it's amazing and find it interesting how it's technically Lost Media!

Imagine kink-shaming someone and thinking you're the good guy.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that person; they're the as*hole whether you're into ageplay or not.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 9:21 pm

I get a fair amount of crazy cat lady nonsense, which is annoying.
I've met some crazy cat men and women, and trust me ... I ain't one of them.
They're seriously crazed.
It's unbelievable how militant some can be.

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2024, 9:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ElmersTrueLove wrote:

I'm sorry you had to deal with that person; they're the as*hole whether you're into ageplay or not.

I'm not and I know it promotes some illegal stuff. I like the Short as a Short.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 9:34 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ElmersTrueLove wrote:

I'm not and I know it promotes some illegal stuff. I like the Short as a Short.

I'm not suggesting you are, I'm saying kink-shaming someone (whether it's true or not) makes the person doing it look like a less respectable person.

But besides that, it's pretend. If it's not pretend it's not called ageplay, it's called a crime.

Given how the bit really doesn't have any connection to ageplay, it really makes one wonder why that person interprets it that way. :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Charlemania
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2024, 9:57 pm

I have certainly met with social disapproval when expressing my interests. I'm not sure what the current definition of bullying is, but when you are excited to share something that gives you pleasure (I'm not even getting to kink here; I'm talking poetry, history, literature, interesting facts, etc.) and you hit solid rebuff, rejection, and/or sarcasm, it can be pretty disheartening.

I hit those walls a lot as a child and young adult. Then I learned to mostly keep my enthusiasms to myself.

I am fortunate that one of my grown sons shares a nice cross section of these interests, and we enjoy very long and varied discussions with each other. (I guess I had to make my own friend! :lol: ) The rest I still keep to myself.

Still hoping to make friends that share some more cross-sections one day....... coming up on 67 years and counting. :P

If there is any way you can get away from your bullies, exclude them from your life! Be careful to know people before sharing the things you care about. Sad, but true, unless you can shake off negative feedback.

There are way too many people out there who make themselves feel better by being judgmental and hurtful.

PS
I watched the cartoon and all I can say is that anyone who has said that liking it is any indication of any sexual preference is either trying to be funny, inventing reasons to be mean, or projecting.

JamesW
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Apr 2024, 10:23 am

I once briefly worked at a company where I got ridiculed for playing World of Warcraft - by people who played Magic The Gathering.

Yes I know. I couldn't work that one out either.

There is a God.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 10:39 am

Never.

But that's because of how I express my special interests;

It's not in a form of taking over the conversation and start infodumping...
It's not even in a form of enthusiasm; I like to keep it to myself and I like secrets and secrecy.

If anything...
At one point it was crafting. I made it visible sometimes...
And it became more of an entertainment, a networking expander and a potential business.

Too bad it's no longer a special interests. I miss it though.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 11:28 am

I've only said in every reply OP has made saying "Looney Tunes is only for kids" that Looney Tunes is not just for kids and anyone of any age can enjoy it. Why is OP not getting it? :?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 1:18 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I've only said in every reply OP has made saying "Looney Tunes is only for kids" that Looney Tunes is not just for kids and anyone of any age can enjoy it. Why is OP not getting it? :?

Because you're one person she doesn't know very well and you're contradicting what she seems to hear regularly from people she's closer to.

You're right, but it's not the sort of thing where someone's mind just changes immediately, especially if the people around them are still making the same judgments.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 1:53 pm

Yes...especially by people who claimed it was their "obsession" because I was "too obsessed". I no longer intentionally seek out friendships with people who share my special interests.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 5:38 pm

In response to the title of this thread: Yes. The term they would shout at me in school is "animal freak."
This is probably not a surprise to anyone.

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Apr 2024, 5:48 pm

8)

Fern wrote:
In response to the title of this thread: Yes. The term they would shout at me in school is "animal freak."
This is probably not a surprise to anyone.

I'm assuming you are a furry?

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+