Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 9:04 pm

Thats possible. ^

And the OJ trial in turn had its own legacies.

OJ plus the Menendez Brothers trial combined to be an embarrassment to the California justice system. So after that they speeded up trials and guided things towards more convictions.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 9:59 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If only Simpson had faced justice in this life. Well, at least his life became sh*t afterwards.

The Rodney King and LA riots controversy played a part in influencing the acquitting of OJ. At least, that's what mom believes.

I'm sure it colored the sentiments of the mostly black OJ jury, and that's understandable, as wrong as their conclusion was.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm

The OJ trial in the 90s made me realize just how sensationalist and ridiculous the American news media really is. And over the past two decades it's gotten even worse. I have to forcibly ignore it or I'll go completely insane.

Even the eclipse on April 8th, before it even came out I was already sick of hearing about it. Although what the foil heads were and still are going on about is much worse.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 2:26 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
The OJ trial in the 90s made me realize just how sensationalist and ridiculous the American news media really is. And over the past two decades it's gotten even worse. I have to forcibly ignore it or I'll go completely insane.

Even the eclipse on April 8th, before it even came out I was already sick of hearing about it. Although what the foil heads were and still are going on about is much worse.

What??? You doubt Marjorie Traitor Greene that the eclipse and earthquakes are signs America must REPENT???

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 2:43 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

Well...

There is are important legacies. Take OJ's "dream team" of lawyers.

The OJ trial catapulted lawyer Johnny Cochran to fame... and the lawfirm of his name is still thriving.

But more important...
The OJ trial catapaulted lawyer Robert Kardashian to fame. Sadly Robert died in 2003, but not before paving the way for his whole Kardashian clan to become famous.

I mean...where would America be now? If we didnt have the talent free Kardashians to watch? Whats more important than the Kardashians? :D

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2024, 7:23 am

naturalplastic wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Well...

There is are important legacies. Take OJ's "dream team" of lawyers.

The OJ trial catapulted lawyer Johnny Cochran to fame... and the lawfirm of his name is still thriving.

But more important...
The OJ trial catapaulted lawyer Robert Kardashian to fame. Sadly Robert died in 2003, but not before paving the way for his whole Kardashian clan to become famous.

I mean...where would America be now? If we didnt have the talent free Kardashians to watch? Whats more important than the Kardashians? :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 7:29 am

^
Absolutely! :D