Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 12:11 pm

To summarize my story: One of my brothers went on a site that has a DNA database: A man 45yo then( about 2-3 years ago) matched with some strands of my brother's DNA. Through deduction and who the person's mother was and where she lived; it was someone I hooked up with in 1974. When I first found out I related my story on this site. I didn't know how I felt then. Lately I have been feeling very resentful. Someone else determined I was not worthy of being part of that child's life. I view being a father as something sacred. Being part of a child's life you have input as to how that child is molded. Now all I feel like is a sperm donor. I felt I was left out of the decision making process. I feel no connection to the child I fathered. As a man I feel as if I have no rights. How would you feel if you were in a similar situation?

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Apr 2024, 1:43 pm

I think I would have similar feelings like you about the mother but I would feel a connection to my son. He deserves a father regardless of what his mother has done.