Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2024, 9:58 pm

I was very concerned or curious is it normal for us to take ourselves seriously or have issues joining groups? such as in work? I take myself seriously at times or am very detailed, systematic and meticulous, yet I do or can have a very good sense of humor although ''odd'' or ''off beat'' and even one of the women at work has a ''thing for me'' and heard her say to her friends I just want to marry him, and can't even speak around me. I am not trying to brag, but can us Aspies get by on our ''off beat'' charisma, kindness or intelligence? and ''infiltrate'' the ''NT world'' that way?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 10:04 pm

I wish I'm serious all the time.

But I'm not. Not voluntarily at least.
I'd rather be at least at the right time and place.

Now I have the means to be the person I want to be...
I've yet to learn, relearn, unlearn habits of my too volatile former self.

Oh, but sure.
I do it all the time.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2024, 10:43 pm

I make a lot of jokes so I'm not serious in that sense. However, my voice and my face always come across as very serious no matter how I'm actually feeling. So people think I'm always very serious when really I'm not trying to be. It confuses people and I wish I wasn't this way, but trying to fake faces to match my emotions is always a lot weirder than just looking the same all the time.

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2024, 10:49 pm

That is how I am my face is pretty neutral, unless I am very happy or angry.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 1:58 am

I'm rather mixed about taking myself seriously. I have strong serious traits but I'm often very flippant about myself and pretty much everything else.

I wasn't usually one for joining groups in the workplace. Generally speaking I didn't like my work colleagues knowing too much about me. I was friendly enough with them when we were doing our jobs, and would often engage in idle banter with them, but in a purely social environment with them I'd have been uncomfortable for the most part. But there was one group of fairly progressive types I worked with that were something of an exception, and I went along to a couple of get-togethers with them, walking in the countryside once and going to one or two of their quiet parties, and I enjoyed those.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2024, 3:59 am

Aet1985 wrote:
II am not trying to brag, but can us Aspies get by on our ''off beat'' charisma, kindness or intelligence? and ''infiltrate'' the ''NT world'' that way?

Yes. When it comes to having luck with women I'd say definitely.