Just for Fun -- Historic Person You'd Like to Be for a Year

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 9:00 pm

Boudica

Wu Zetian

Both of these fearsome women could have taught college classes on how to be a badass. 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm

What can I say. I'm a sucker for television. Sometimes I wonder if I'm Augustus Gloop or if I'm actually Mike Teevee instead.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 7:24 pm

Walter Cronkite or Edward R. Murrow.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 3:44 pm

Jesus. Starting exactly a year and a day before the crucifixion. I'd keep a journal and bury it in a cave, assuming I could inject my own behaviour into the role from time to time.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 5:51 pm

Ok, I no longer want to be Boudica or Wu Zetian because I'm starting to realize they were both horrible people and the only reason they get celebrated by modern histotians is because of the fact that they were females with a lot of power in a time and world where 99% of women had no power.

But I can't get over the fact that Boudica had so many civilians including children tortured, murdered, and even sacrifaced while she sacked cities (plus the fact is she never really succeeded in driving the Romans out because her armies were conpletely crushed by the legion).

And Wu Zetian did really horric things to her own children and family just to hold onto power. She may have made China a wealthy empire but she was a cold calculating tyrant who wasn't afraid to abuse her authority.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 4:57 pm

I'd like to be Gregor Mendel, the pea guy. I'd be working with my most favourite thing for a year, peas. :mrgreen: