Do angels wear sunglasses and gangster pants?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2007, 11:20 pm

What do you think?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Aug 2007, 11:22 pm

i think they are naked! withought privates of course. Or they are just beautiful rays of light with big ass swords

MarieElana
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2007, 11:30 pm

They wear tripps :0

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 3:50 pm

I don't know. Stay there, I'll be right back.....

They said no eyes, no legs and they aren't happy about it. They have a petition going.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 5:40 am

I think they are all clad in robes and they all have shaved heads and they are all following George Harrison while belting out the harmonies to 'My Sweet Lord'.

Hare Krishna, Hare Hare, Krishna Krishna....

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

VesicaPisces
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Aug 2007, 8:47 am

If you were an angel and were attempting to build rapport with a particular stereotype, what would you wear? Would it be wise for an angel to walk around in anything other than human features and garb? Depends on the desired outcome I suppose.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 7:56 am

I wear my sunglasses at night.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 4:09 am

They have green beards and wear Dr. Scholl foot-wear. Obviously.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 4:29 am

And they carry Ragtime troll-dolls in their back-packs.....

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 1:05 pm

The_Chosen_One wrote:
And they carry Ragtime troll-dolls in their back-packs.....

Are you implying they have freedom of choice? OMG!! Who would have thunk it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 1:42 pm

Their appearance is mentioned in Ezekiel and Revelation and is widely varied and mostly non-humanoid.

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2007, 3:57 pm

our all wrong. angels obviuosly wear baggy pants and machine guns. the robes and swords are out of fashion

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 4:01 pm

These are some called Cherubim:

Ezekiel 1:4-13 KJV
[4] And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
[5] Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
[6] And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
[7] And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
[8] And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
[9] Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
[10] As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
[11] Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.
[12] And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went.
[13] As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 4:07 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Their appearance is mentioned in Ezekiel and Revelation and is widely varied and mostly non-humanoid.

No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
Robert A. Heinlein

Almost feels like that one should followed by one from Disraeli.. All generalisations are false, including this one.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 4:12 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
These are some called Cherubim:

Ezekiel 1:4-13 KJV
[4] And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
[5] Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
[6] And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
[7] And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
[8] And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
[9] Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
[10] As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
[11] Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.
[12] And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went.
[13] As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 5:54 pm

It is easier to read the second time, I will admit. If I'm not mistaken, on the net that would be considered yelling. Do you feel the need to yell?

The second quote I used was directed at the first one I quoted.

What you used the first time painted a picture. I have often wondered if I saw an angel and wrote about it now, would they lock me up. When I see one I'll be very pleased to put the discription here and we will be able to lay to rest this horrible question of sunglasses and baggy pants. It is a heavy wieght on my soul. Going through life smiting your enemys with one hand and baptising them with the other, reminds me of John the Baptist. Now there is one guy I would really have liked to have met. Lighten up, or don't, doesn't really matter to me.

By your repeated discrption from the Bible, I assume you feel they don't wear sunglasses and gangster pants? But then the discription was only for one, was it not? I mean it did use the word "some".