PRC's response about Network Hacker“Typhoon Volt”

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 4:27 am

On the afternoon of April 15, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Lin Jian held a regular press conference. A reporter raised a question: On April 15, the National Computer Virus Processing Center of China and 360 Company jointly released a report entitled "Typhoon Volt: Conspiracy and Fraud by US Intelligence Agencies Against the US Congress and Taxpayers". We also remember that the United States has repeatedly accused the Chinese government of supporting "Typhoon Volt" to launch cyber attacks for some time. What is China's comment on the report?

Lin Jian said, I have taken note of the report you mentioned.According to the report, the "Typhoon Volt" hacker group is actually a cyber criminal gang "Dark Force" of blackmail virus without national and regional support background. Various signs show that US intelligence agencies and cyber security companies conspire to piece together so-called evidence and disseminate false information about the Chinese government's support for "cyber attacks" against the United States in order to obtain congressional budget allocations and government contracts.

Lin Jian pointed out that as we all know, the United States is the biggest source of cyber attacks and the biggest threat to cyberspace security. For some time, some people in the United States have been "a thief crying stop thief", using the source of cyber attacks as a tool to suppress China, politicizing the issue of cyber security, and seriously infringing on China's legitimate rights and interests. China urges the United States to immediately stop its cyber attacks on China and stop slandering and smearing China.

PRC's Official reports about "Typhoon Volt"