Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2024, 2:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
"Fantasy football" is socially acceptable in male circles. But not "fantasy naval warfare".

Its easier to get into conversation with work mates about NFL teams that never met on the field than it is to invite speculation on how "The USS Iowa [our most advanced battleship of WWII] would hold up, mano y mano, against the Japanese Yamato[ the biggest battleship of that, or of any time]". But the later event is what I was (and still am to some extent) fascinated by, not football. So I just dont talk about it.

You might work on figuring how to relate your narrow obsession to ...other things in the broad world to make it more relatable to others in conversation. We all have to sell ourselves to the world, NTs as well as us. Even to sell ourselves as conversation-worthy.

Like maybe take up watching the Simpsons, which IS socially acceptable to be into, just so you can become a conneiseur of cartoon TV shows in general (and can talk like a critic on both Looney Tunes and King of the Hill or South Park).

Twilight Princess said she got into classical music from watching Elmer Fudd (he sings opera more than once).

In fact you might be able to turn the tables...talk about composers of pieces you see Looney Tunes characters perform (like Wagner, and Verdi) and make others feel ...like ignorant low brows ...envious of your intellect!

I can't control my immaturity... I'm not allowed to watch anything with sex, blood and swearing/slurs and I didn't get to grow up on anything good... I grew up on garbage I hate now like Dora and Bear in the Big Blue House and MLP... I never watched LT when I was supposed to :cry:

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2024, 7:29 pm

Im not sure what you're getting at.

Are you saying that when you WERE the age ...that most folks consider it appropriate to watch Looney Tunes (gradeschool age) you were not allowed to watch it, but were forced to watch "Dora the Explorer" and other kid stuff...that was age appropriate (in your parents mind), but it stunted your growth because it was all "crap". And now you crave LT in order to make up for a waisted childhood?

And on top of that someone is still censoring your media diet, and you cant watch violent stuff, or stuff with cursing on TV?

And you say that you "cant control your immaturity"? Maybe you need that kinda control on you.

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Apr 2024, 7:40 am

I. Can't. Control it. I am VERY uncomfortable around TV-MA and anime. I was yelled at badly for looking at gore art from a scenecore teen on DeviantArt when I was 7. I am also an age regressor (NOT the creepy kind. Please research sfw agere). I joined this website to feel safe about my obsessions, not be told it's babyish... :cry:

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2024, 11:32 am

How do I delete or lock this...

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 2:35 pm

PM Cornflake.

That should be a link directly to starting a PM.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 11:33 pm

I don't think you're taking interests from anybody. The people who are saying such things to you don't know what they're talking about.

ElmersTrueLove
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2024, 10:28 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't think you're taking interests from anybody. The people who are saying such things to you don't know what they're talking about.

That's not what everyone around me thinks. At this point I'm probably going to go insane.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+