waking up in the middle of the night coughing

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 6:44 pm

Past four consecutive days, woke up in the middle of the night coughing. Took a long time to fall asleep. Drank extra water, which felt good, but made me have to urinate too often.

It's just too hard to not get sick:

plenty of precious lil "people" on public transportation and work coughing. sometimes i move away from them, but sometimes there is not enough room to stay over six weeks away from everyone with visible symptoms.

working @ home depot, plenty of things are dirty. the litterbox has a code, and every time a customer goes to the litterbox, an associate has to unlock the bathroom. and someone said they are not allowed to tell the customer the code, you have to enter the number for them.(germs) the sink in the breakroom often has no soap. the only sink (not merchandise) that has soap: the litterbox. gloves required to be worn. gloves do not get sanitized. too many things i have to touch, that plenty of filthy "people" also touch.

lately, been waking up @ 4am and unable to fall back to sleep. i am very bad @ sleeping and can't sleep in the breakroom. (unlock many coworkers).

public transportation, bacteria

customers touching me, barking @ me, ordering me around, criticizing my loading techniques, laughing @ me. off leash dogs. too much stress.

parking lot too hot, too cold, raining

do not earn enough $$$ to afford a healthy diet.

sometimes i have trouble sleeping.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 6:48 pm

Can you wear a mask and take hand sanitizer with you?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 10:25 am

Bee

Even though almost zero employees, customers and day laborers, wear masks, I have been wearing masks since the start of Coronavirus

At work, I don't have an office or a desk. Yes it could put a bottle of hand sanitizer in my locker, but every time I use it, I have to unlock the locker and touch everything else in the locker. Hand sanitizer $$$ and I only earn minimum wage. Coworkers claimed someone took some things out of their lockers, so I am not willing to just leave my locker unlocked.

Also I work as a lot attendant so every time I use hand sanitizer I have to go from the parking lot to the locker room.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 1:27 pm

You can carry hand sanitizer in your pocket. I'm not saying this solves every problem of course.