Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 6:39 pm

I think I am going to go for the skytech shadow, I got a tax return of a bit over 1,000 so I figured since I have been wanting a good computer for quite a while and am kind of sick of laptops I think I would rather have something I could replace components of than buy a new laptop every few years, that would be a good thing to spend it on.

I imagine replacing a component here and there would in the long run be cheaper than buying a new laptop every few years.

Of course I probably won't do too much heavy gaming on it, but it would help to have another device games can be played on so if me and my boyfriend both want to play video games one of us can use the xbox and one of us can use the PC. Plus gaming desktops look cooler than general use ones...with the clear covers and being able to see the insides so I do admit that is one factor in why I want a gaming desktop rather than just a general use one.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 7:14 pm

Enjoy your new gaming desktop!

I personally prefer gaming on the PC compared to a console.

You can always use a controller with most games, especially newer games, on the PC.

The Xbox One controller is a common choice for compatibility purposes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 11:55 am

I just got it yesterday, and I like it so far except I have to get a soundbar or speakers as the monitor I got(just a cheap walmart one for now) does not have any built in sound. Also, it may take a while to get used to typing on a regular keyboard, as I am so used to using a laptop.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 12:03 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Enjoy your new gaming desktop!

I personally prefer gaming on the PC compared to a console.

You can always use a controller with most games, especially newer games, on the PC.

The Xbox One controller is a common choice for compatibility purposes.

I do have plenty of xbox controllers, though a couple of them are useless due to the dreaded drift issue. So yeah I'll certainly have to try that out.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 12:25 pm

Congrats. I should start making plans to replace my potato.