Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2024, 1:12 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
utterly absurd wrote:
ElmersTrueLove wrote:
utterly absurd wrote:
ElmersTrueLove wrote:
I wish I still had my cat. I think she actually lowered my anxiety. Gave me something to look forward coming home to as well.

Yes, this is what's so great about pets. They love you no matter what and they won't judge you or argue with you; they just enjoy having you there. They're like the exact opposite of people so it makes sense they lower anxiety when people raise it.

This just made me tear up. I feel like she d*ed hating me because due to high mysophobia I rarely pet her or anything... not in an abusive way before anyone attacks me. Just fear of contamination...

I'm sure she still loved you. Unless someone abuses a pet they will always just enjoy a person's company. It's a kind of perfect relationship two humans can never have, but a human and a pet almost always have. It's great you enjoyed your cat's company and I'm sure she enjoyed yours as well.

I consider it abuse because I never fed her or anything, a family member fed her more often which is why she paid very little attention to me. Again, this is due to fear of contamination. I might have fed her at some points where my hands were already dirty though.

I also found some opinions that you don't have to wash your hands after petting a cat, but only if it is an indoor cat. I want to believe it but also don't want to take any chances.

As long as she got fed it wasn't abuse and I'm sure she was happy. If she was happy and she made you happy, that's all that matters.