I feel bad because cooking doesn't interest me

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 12:49 pm

There have been a number of times when my mum and her partner have got me in the kitchen to help and assist with the cooking and learn how to make certain types of recipes. Some of the things I've made (with some help) include naan bread pizzas, different types of pasta, sweet and sour chicken with rice etc) but since February I haven't seem to get myself back into it again. I mean my sister stayed round while her house was being worked on and did a lot of cooking and now that she has moved back into her house, I still haven't got myself into it.

I don't know if its because unlike a lot of other things I can do and have learnt to do, cooking seems quite intimidating because unlike washing clothes, ironing, cleaning the house, cutting the hedges (like I did yesterday) etc its routines are different and meals are different every day and so the making of the recipes are going to be different. I don't want to be one of those people that relies on ready-made meals, take away meals and so on and I would like to cook if I wasn't intimidated by it because. I am also worried that my mum's partner will start hassling me like the last time I hadn't done the cooking much saying ''Well its been weeks or months now that you could of done it and said before about helping with it and have got to know how to do it at some point.'' and so that puts me off from going into the kitchen and going ''Hey do you need a hand or help with this cooking ?''.