Creature Trying to Manage Working and Living ʕ⁠´⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠`⁠ʔ

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

MoeTrashPanda
Raven
Raven

08 May 2024, 3:56 pm

Henlo!

I have worked on this subject with my therapist (haven't been to therapy for a few months) for a bit, but wanted to see how fellow neuro-diverse creatures manage life ʕ ´•̥̥̥ ᴥ•̥̥̥`ʔ.

Since starting a full-time job a little over 2 years ago, I have found myself really struggling to balance the different facets of my life (friendships, chores, art, exercise, visiting people, errands, etc.). I find that after work on weekdays, all I really want to do is disconnect my brain and watch TV, play video games, or do art. I neglect my chores until the weekend, and find my weekend involves a lot of deep cleaning, and recuperating from work and cleaning.

I really get stressed about what I call "the cycle of everything." Examples of "the cycle of everything" include:

1. reaching out to friends, then realizing it has been 1-2 weeks without contact and needing to reach out again,
2. doing my extensive list of chores on the weekend, telling myself I will do some small chores on the week days, then having to do it again the next weekend
3. realizing I haven't seen my immediate family for a bit, so having to schedule something there,
4. feeling guilty for not exercising more, do some form of exercise, then feel bad a week later
5. cooking a meal, then realizing I have to do it again in 2 days after I eat my leftovers

I think I need to establish some sort of a routine, but it is hard for me to continuously do things that aren't enjoyable for me (sensory issues with exercise, stress related to family, etc.). My therapist says I should do things more intuitively, but my intuition most of the time after work just tells me to relax on the couch and do nothing productive. I am trying to work on not feeling guilt for my production levels. Most weeks I am okay about not feeling guilty, but when it gets close to menstruation week I am incredibly anxious and insecure about these things.

So, what do you guys do to manage work, friendships, exercise, cooking, and chores? How do you recover after work?
ʕ ·ᴥʔ Thanks in advance for reading!

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ