Is there a scary movie you refused to see ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2024, 7:35 pm

I remember for a while I refused to watch The Exorcist until I watched it and there were rather disturbing scenes in it but it didn't give me any nightmares after watching it. Since then I've watched few times before and it doesn't seem as scary as when I first saw it or before I saw it. I think I had heard of it being one of the scariest films of all time and that there were scenes in it that were terrifying in it such as Linda Blair's character being possessed where her head turns and she walks down the stairs like a spider and seeing the face of the demon and it was for those parts that I had seen photos of, that I refused to see it.

Another disturbing film which I didn't refuse to see was the Japanese version of The Grudge which had plenty of disturbing scenes in that and after it had finished late at night, it took me a while to get to sleep after watching it.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2024, 4:14 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I remember for a while I refused to watch The Exorcist until I watched it and there were rather disturbing scenes in it but it didn't give me any nightmares after watching it. Since then I've watched few times before and it doesn't seem as scary as when I first saw it or before I saw it. I think I had heard of it being one of the scariest films of all time and that there were scenes in it that were terrifying in it such as Linda Blair's character being possessed where her head turns and she walks down the stairs like a spider and seeing the face of the demon and it was for those parts that I had seen photos of, that I refused to see it.

Another disturbing film which I didn't refuse to see was the Japanese version of The Grudge which had plenty of disturbing scenes in that and after it had finished late at night, it took me a while to get to sleep after watching it.

I recently listened to a podcast episode of Stuff You Should Know. It was about exorcisms. It was interesting. They discussed the movie a bit and commented it was not as scary as they remembered it. However, evidently the exorcism was pretty accurate.

Saw or it's sequels. I won't see them.

There have been scary movies I would not see, but eventually I did, they did not live up to their reputation. Texas Chainsaw Massacre was one.

Blair Witch Project was pretty intense. I liked the ending. I'll never see it again, but not because it was scary. It made me very nauseous because of the camera movement. It was painful.

Some Japanese directors really have mastered making disturbing imagery. Sometimes it is just creepy scary disturbing, in my opinion.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2024, 4:21 pm

Scary movies rarely scare me so there's a lot that I've refused to see because it seems pointless.

I don't watch many movies at all because I don't have the attention span for it.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2024, 4:52 pm

I saw clips of this film called The Green inferno. no way am I watching that.

Saw and Blair witch no thanks

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2024, 6:07 pm

The Exorcist

The Saw Franchise

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2024, 7:42 pm

Saw movies, I did watch one but it was so boring I wouldn't want to watch anymore of them.

I never saw chainsaw massacre and I don't really want to because I imagine it's just as boring as Saw, its not the gore that bothers me as I actually like realistic looking gore in movies/shows as well as over the top displays like you see in Quentin Tarantino movies for instance...But gore based horror films just generally seem to lack on having a plot that keeps me interested. But like sci fi horror can be more interesting rather than someone just running around with a chainsaw or trapping people to make them maim each other much of the time sci fi horror is even more disturbing.

I also don't want to see the exorcist simply because I do not care about it, I suppose I have already seen too many memes about it on the internet.

But for real my main experience is a lot of horror movies just aren't scary, and that can be rather disappointing when your hoping for at least a jump scare or two. I did watch some of the older Halloween movies when I was younger but I found it more funny than scary because of how cheesy it was.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2024, 9:23 pm

The only Horror films that I sort of like is The Hellraiser series, mainly because of Pinhead and his speeches.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2024, 3:25 am

Prophecy.

Actually, I had seen this movie when I was a kid. The hideously ugly mutant bear truly traumatized me. That thing still sometimes makes an appearance in my bad dreams. Never again.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2024, 4:44 pm

easy - the Human Centipede
It's so horrible I don't recommend you even read a review (major trigger warning)