Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

monty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 1:16 pm

There was such a book for sale back in the late 60's or early 70s - around the time that the Chinese were waving Chairman Mao's little red book of quotations, some Christian group in the USofA had a counterpart that was called Quotations from Chairman Jesus. You might find it on Ebay.

I know what you mean about not wanting the disciples in there - they muck things up. If you look at the different accounts of the crucifixion, they attribute very different words and attitudes to J.C.'s final moment on the cross. He was calm and serene and knew what was coming, or he was filled with doubt and called upon the Lord in vain - not sure which it was, and we can't trust the people who wrote the Bible to tell us.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Sep 2007, 4:06 pm

calandale wrote:
Remember, of course, that the words of the
bible are (at best) Jesus' words remembered
quite long after his death. The earliest possible
date for a gospel - that of Thomas at about 40
AD, didn't even make it into the NT. The earliest
their is probably about 60 - 70 AD, a good 30 years
after his death
Yes this makes sence, thanks. i know almost all of hebrew traditions like religion and stuff are always orally passed down from generation to generation. so maybe one day some guy said, "hey man we need to write this stuff down"

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2007, 3:39 am

I used to keep getting confused between the disciples and the Apostles because I thought they were the same but no, they weren't.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon