Should conservative Christians be persecuted?

Page 12 of 14 [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 1:49 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Hadron wrote:
Sopho wrote:
Hadron wrote:
Sopho wrote:
But what about it?

The fact that you are organising attacks on people within this forum from your site, perhaps. And bringing a trollfest over here.

I'm not organising anything. Most of the people on my site think this forum is full of idiots. There are people there with stronger opinions on it than mine.

And you are the administrator of that website, are you not. Stop trying to shirk your responsiblity for it.

Hadron, I know we have different views, and I thought you were really with them, you are the 3rd PARAKEET Award Winner! Thank you for fighting against Trolls! Although we don't see eye to eye, there are some things that are hard to miss!

:) Thanks.
Have you got a logo for your award, it would be cool if you made one. If you had seen that homosexuality thread I think you would find I am on neither side really, my views are an odd set.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 1:58 pm

snake321 wrote:
It's people like raggy who supported burning witches at the stake.

Not so much. I prefer roast pork at my cookouts.

snake321 wrote:
Ironically, if he were alive back then as an aspie, they would have likely called him a witch and burned him at the stake.

I'm in NO WAY like witch burners. I don't know where that idea came from. Probably from me saying that Jesus teaches us to be peaceful and loving. I guess that's where you got that from? :roll:
I've NEVER advocated doing harm to someone else, because I don't believe in it except in self-defence.
snake321 wrote:
Raggy, the first amendment means all religions are equally equal, not that YOUR religion is MORE equal than everyone elses.

Actually, that's not the first amendment. You might want to check it out sometime. In fact, NOWHERE in America's constitution, or indeed entire civil law, are all religions called equal. Just because they are to be treated equally doesn't mean they're all the same things, or of the same truth caliber.
snake321 wrote:
By the way, why don't you just come out and admit you hate asians, arabs, and basically anyone who isn't white? I mean isn't this theocracy crap a mask for hating people from different cultures?

So whacha drinkin' today? Absolut, or the strong stuff?

Actually, half of my ancestors weren't white, and my sister-in-law, nephews, and niece are Asian, and I love them very much. I am not racist in the slightest -- I have no idea out of whose bum you pulled that.

EDIT: Also, my favorite composer is black. For, Scott Joplin was the "King of Ragtime". I have a framed photo of him sitting on my piano. He sits on the right corner, opposite Mozart's framed photo, which sits on the left. A tube lamp sits between them, symbolizing inspiration. It's a very, very tough contest, but I think Joplin was actually more musical than Mozart was. But I love them both, and generally consider them equal -- my "co-favorites". Sure, Mozart did a lot "more", but I'm not considering quantity. Joplin had the truer gift, IMHO. I love the sociological irony God used there! Give the son of a slave (his father was a slave) the greatest music talent in recorded history! Beautiful... Of course, musicality is an opinion, unlike the existence of God, so I won't argue musicality with anyone. (Well, not for long, anyway.)

Last edited by Ragtime on 31 Aug 2007, 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 2:04 pm

snake321 wrote:
Well we already know you hate gays.... Lets take the raggy method and kill off anyone who'se different from raggy :roll:

You're the one who brought up killing -- it's the people who start to spout things like that who are scarry.

Last edited by Ragtime on 30 Aug 2007, 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 2:09 pm

Sopho wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
How soon until Christians are going to be publicly tortured and murdered by western governments again? Are you for or against this?

For.

This is what you're for.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 2:12 pm

Sopho wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Sopho wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
How soon until Christians are going to be publicly tortured and murdered by western governments again? Are you for or against this?

For.

For? What if the same happened to Atheists? No particular group should be hunted down and slaughtered. It's called Genocide.

You're supporting the same thing that happened to the Jews. Never forget World War II. Never forget what people did in the face of tyranny and evil. God help us if it ever happens again.

I think that Christianity does make a stand against alot of what is wrong with this world, but the oppression and condemnation of homosexuals should stop. But fine by me if Christians take a religious viewpoint against it, so long as it isn't violent or hateful. They have their freedom of belief.

I wasn't being serious. :roll:
And you don't need to tell me not to forget WWII. Most of the next two years of my life will be spent focusing on it. I also know what genocide is. I also know that everyone has freedom of belief. I don't give a f**k what people believe. They shouldn't have the freedom to inflict their delusional beliefs on sane people though.

I have the right to vote. You said I should vote a certain way, and protested at me that I was wrong to vote the way I feel I should.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 2:16 pm

Sopho wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sopho, you weeble wobler, you say whatever would sound best for the moment ever if it contradicts what you said before. Quit playing stupid games, who do you think you're trying to fool? Us? Come on, give it up.

I think it was obvious to anyone who knows me that I wasn't being serious. I wouldn't actually torture anyone. :roll: My response to Anubis was serious. My 'yes' was quite obviously not. Most of what was posted last night by me, Starbuline, Shleed etc wasn't actually serious. I'm not trying to fool anyone.

Lots of horrible hate crimes occur because people brush off heinous statements they think were not seriously meant. I don't see you actually doing violence, but that idea that you "obviously wouldn't do such" is not sufficient to making your words to the contrary null and void. People often do things out of character -- character is no failsafe predicter of one's actions. Therefore, people take people at their word to a degree, as they should. To make an extremely heinous statement with no indication of a joke will rightfully make at least some people think you mean it.

Hitler succeeded because not enough people who were against his views took him seriously. They brushed him off as a madman. They didn't think he could truly gain that kind of deadly power and influence. Once they realized they were wrong, it was too late.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 2:24 pm

Sopho wrote:
Hadron wrote:
Sopho wrote:
Hadron wrote:
Sopho wrote:
But what about it?

The fact that you are organising attacks on people within this forum from your site, perhaps. And bringing a trollfest over here.

I'm not organising anything. Most of the people on my site think this forum is full of idiots. There are people there with stronger opinions on it than mine.

And you are the administrator of that website, are you not. Stop trying to shirk your responsiblity for it.

Yes I am an admin. Do I tell people what to do like little children? No. The whole point of that site is that I'm not going to over-moderate it. People can post what they like as long as they're not spamming or posting anything which is obviously in violation of the TOS. Yeah a few of us came on here last night posting a load of sh**. But so what?

That's your error in judgement. That you think there's nothing wrong with posting what you know is a load of sh** just for the fun of it. There are many other forums on the internet that specialize in your kind of silly flame games... go join them.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 4:28 pm

snake321 wrote:
It's people like raggy who supported burning witches at the stake. Ironically, if he were alive back then as an aspie, they would have likely called him a witch and burned him at the stake.

It's curiously funny and sad as well, autistic children were thought to be posessed by demons. Living in that age of ignorance must have been a nightmare.

And I see the analogy with Ragtime, just think of what would happen if he has a son who turns out to be gay, poor kid, really, poor kid. I really hope his children would all be straight and with the "right" gender identity.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 4:32 pm

Ragtime wrote:
There are many other forums on the internet that specialize in your kind of silly flame games... go join them.

But I don't know of many other forums full of as many idiots as this one. It's just too tempting for me.

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 4:41 pm

Sopho wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
There are many other forums on the internet that specialize in your kind of silly flame games... go join them.

But I don't know of many other forums full of as many idiots as this one. It's just too tempting for me.

www.thestudentroom.co.uk
Have fun there.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 4:50 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Hadron wrote:
Sopho wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
and as for your zOMG group?

What about it?

The thread about Ragtime, for instance:
http://www.zomgaspies.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Ya. Noticed it the other day -- it gave me a laugh. :lol:

That's cool, it gave me a laugh too.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 4:53 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Sopho wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

For.

This is what you're for.

I don't think so, I really doubt many want to see Robert Powell to die like that, I don't even know if there are people who dislike him that bad.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 6:00 pm

Just out of curiosity, because I jumped in late on this, if you think this forum is full of idiots, why post here in the first place? :) It's OK to have a go at opinions you think are s**t, and I've seen quite a few since I joined, but I'm not sure if it's totally fair for ANYONE to start a thread somewhere else and bag other people in that thread, then continue the fight everywhere else (I don't think you have done this here, but some others have). Just wondering.....

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 8:47 pm

Ragtime wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
First were Jewish Christians being persecuted by the Sanhedrin, the all Christians were under attack by the Roman for 300 years, then the catholic church persecuted Reformers, now we have people being locked in jail for various meaningless charges which just boils down to the fact that the world doesn't want true Christians.

you're a moron.

Not your usual articulate self? Something must have peeved you far more than normal. Could it be... the truth?

no, it's the complete lack of any thought in the original post. i couldn't even begin to expand on how stupid and the statement was and so i left it brief.

talking about christians being tortured is an insult to those of us who actually do face prejudice for just following the facts (atheists).

it's a bigger insult due to the fact that christians run a good majority of the world and complaining about being persecuted while being in control......it's just insulting and lacks any kind of thought on the part of the initial poster.

critical thinking isn't a sin....well...okay it is sometimes but only when the priest tells you it's the devil instead of critical thinking...which leaves your mind enslaved to someone else.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 9:10 pm

Probably just a huge insecurity issue and the fact that no-one takes them seriously in real life, let alone in a forum. But when someone puts up a post about Christians being persecuted... help! help! I'm being repressed! the sky is falling... really makes me wonder why they bother to go on a forum in the first place. There have been plenty of people from the year dot that could claim persecution, from the pagans in olden days to the Jews to the Indians (both Americas) to the blacks everywhere, but it only seems to be the 'Christians' that have the biggest voice (here, anyway). Why is that? Is it because of the above insecurity issues, or does it really go deeper than that? Frankly, I think they've had more than a decent go at everything, and should maybe give some others a chance for a change.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 7:29 am

Yes please.