Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Chuchulainn
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 203
Location: USA

30 Aug 2007, 11:40 pm

I think we should kill them all. Just kidding.

I guess that makes it all better, right?

This world is so f*****g screwed up. I wish I didn't have to share a planet with such immoral people.

Atheists have it easy. A Christian fanatic goes up to them and says, "Convert or die." Atheists have no compunction against saying, "OK" and then doing the opposite. If an atheist does the same thing to a Christian, a Christian potentially loses his/her salvation and must endure unspeakable tortures to keep the faith. Although in the end, it will lead to a renewal of Christianity, so it will be worth it. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Christian church. And maybe God will spare me the pain, as He hath done to other martyrs in history.

Sopho, you may think I'm an idiot and that's OK, but when you say things like you did in the other thread, it drives me nuts with paranoia. You probably like it that way, though, as does Starbuline and the rest of the sadistic atheists out there.



skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,156
Location: New Orleans, LA

31 Aug 2007, 12:39 am

sadistic is offering free ham outside a synagogue.



you don't have to live with immoral people, you can separate yourself from society and live in isolation. it's not easy but it's been done and can still be done (look up about survivalists).


with regards to your rewording of pascal's wager....it's assuming that "salvation" exists but there is no such proof salvation exists and there's less and less proof every day as miracles don't happen anymore since we can actually explain the miracles and pick out the hoaxes. faith healers are as impotent as they ever were but now there's real medicine and biological studies to really help people instead of the the fake/faith healing that those charlatans do.

my old neighbors were muslims and they were awesome guys and really open about discussing their religion with me and my roommate. they never threatened us or anything and generally accepted us as is as atheists. they didn't agree with our choice but agreed on the point of wanting a better world first and foremost. alot more accepting than the christians here whining about persecution and yet they don't even know what real persecution is other than rosey stories of the christian martyrs.


as far as claiming to be with immoral people...immoral how? and what makes you the one to declare what is moral or not? get off your highhorse and back to the real world, jerk.



The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,371
Location: Looking down on humanity

31 Aug 2007, 12:50 am

I wish people who call themselves Christians wouldn't post inflammatory topics about persecuting this and that group. Haven't we seen enough of this s**t recently here? It just leads to more and more trouble. If Christians are unhappy about their lot in life, and want to persecute Muslims, pagans etc because they feel aggrieved, then maybe they should take a step back, and have a good look at their 'reality', because all this s**t, frankly, has to stop. All this inflammatory talk by you Christians is why the Muslims hate you in the first place. Don't you realise they are just the same as you, the only diference is they worship another faith? It's the fundamentalists that are the problem, and it seems to me fundamentalist Christians are just as much to blame. Get over this s**t and learn to live peacefully.


_________________
Pagans are people too, not just victims of a religious cleansing program. Universal harmony for all!!

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.


Chuchulainn
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 203
Location: USA

31 Aug 2007, 1:04 am

skafather84 wrote:
as far as claiming to be with immoral people...immoral how? and what makes you the one to declare what is moral or not? get off your highhorse and back to the real world, jerk.


Common sense denotes what's moral or not. The world as a whole is immoral and depraved. Look at all the genocides and the hate crimes and the murders and the kidnappings. I would never do those things. If people were as good hearted as me, there would be no such things. And as for calling me a jerk, that's immoral too, because you're demeaning another person who never personally attacked you (criticizing the world as a whole does not equate to a personal attack). But I guess you don't care anyway, so I'll not waste my breath.



Chuchulainn
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 203
Location: USA

31 Aug 2007, 1:15 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
I wish people who call themselves Christians wouldn't post inflammatory topics about persecuting this and that group. Haven't we seen enough of this sh** recently here? It just leads to more and more trouble. If Christians are unhappy about their lot in life, and want to persecute Muslims, pagans etc because they feel aggrieved, then maybe they should take a step back, and have a good look at their 'reality', because all this sh**, frankly, has to stop. All this inflammatory talk by you Christians is why the Muslims hate you in the first place. Don't you realise they are just the same as you, the only diference is they worship another faith? It's the fundamentalists that are the problem, and it seems to me fundamentalist Christians are just as much to blame. Get over this sh** and learn to live peacefully.


I'm not persecuting Muslims, Atheists, gays or pagans. I'm fine with them coexisting but I'm responding to a one of Sopho's posts. I have anxiety problems. My OP was sure as hell not inflammatory. I do agree, however, that Raggy and Imnotaparakeet are contributing to the problem by creating threads like the ones I'm responding to. I agree it has to stop. I should probably stop posting in this forum, probably on this website because it is driving me crazy.



skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,156
Location: New Orleans, LA

31 Aug 2007, 1:20 am

Chuchulainn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
as far as claiming to be with immoral people...immoral how? and what makes you the one to declare what is moral or not? get off your highhorse and back to the real world, jerk.


Common sense denotes what's moral or not. The world as a whole is immoral and depraved. Look at all the genocides and the hate crimes and the murders and the kidnappings. I would never do those things. If people were as good hearted as me, there would be no such things. And as for calling me a jerk, that's immoral too, because you're demeaning another person who never personally attacked you (criticizing the world as a whole does not equate to a personal attack). But I guess you don't care anyway, so I'll not waste my breath.



you bemoan the world, blame it all on atheists, and expect me to have a positive reaction? that's about the same as that thread a week or so ago that said about exterminating christians.

common sense doesn't denote what's moral or not....empathy normally does. unfortunately most people lack empathy and therefore lack their own ability to make moral decisions (there's actually an article on this if you look for it..it's online...i forget the percent but it actually was a majority). so that's why we have laws and why religion is still functional to some degree...though that's somewhat questionable with how much personal biases, politics, and bigotry plays into religions today.


...and i think the word you were probably looking for was sarcastic. maybe even sardonic...but not sadistic.

at least i know that i personally don't go beyond sardonic.



The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,371
Location: Looking down on humanity

31 Aug 2007, 1:30 am

I wasn't actually having a go at you personally, Chuch; I totally blame Raggy and parakeet for the whole mess. I've copped plenty of flack for giving my views on their forums, but I refuse to let them scare me off. Nor should you. Don't fall for their bait. I personally don't care what religion people are, or what they believe; the problem is when people get so cocky, arrogant and pious trying to 'defend' those beliefs, and then bash the opposition into submission in the process. I don't believe you have, but you have been sucked in by their con trick, and unfortunately, that's a small 'pyrrhic' (sp) victory on their part. Most of us who argued opposingly to parakeet and Ragtime are being called flamers, trolls etc, just for voicing out opinions and I think that has to stop. If they don't want to debate reasonably, then maybe they should find their own forum.

Keep posting, and don't let them get to you.


_________________
Pagans are people too, not just victims of a religious cleansing program. Universal harmony for all!!

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.


Chuchulainn
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 203
Location: USA

31 Aug 2007, 1:48 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
I wasn't actually having a go at you personally, Chuch; I totally blame Raggy and parakeet for the whole mess. I've copped plenty of flack for giving my views on their forums, but I refuse to let them scare me off. Nor should you. Don't fall for their bait. I personally don't care what religion people are, or what they believe; the problem is when people get so cocky, arrogant and pious trying to 'defend' those beliefs, and then bash the opposition into submission in the process. I don't believe you have, but you have been sucked in by their con trick, and unfortunately, that's a small 'pyrrhic' (sp) victory on their part. Most of us who argued opposingly to parakeet and Ragtime are being called flamers, trolls etc, just for voicing out opinions and I think that has to stop. If they don't want to debate reasonably, then maybe they should find their own forum.

Keep posting, and don't let them get to you.


I appreciate your good heartedness, Chosen One. It is no "victory" on their part that I'm a Christian--I admit my family raised me this way, but I know I love God and I love others, and I believe that God exists on a matter of faith and personal experience. I think we can all get along in real life, but not on a forum, because there is always going to be some Internet troll who wants to cause trouble and people don't appear to take online communities seriously anyway.

I believe all you non-Christian Aspies could theoretically become Christians, if you called the religion something else and supplanted the dogma with intellectualism and what Jesus really taught--kindness and accepting those different than you. But that might be a stretch.



666
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 345

31 Aug 2007, 3:58 am

Chuchulainn wrote:
Atheists have it easy. A Christian fanatic goes up to them and says, "Convert or die." Atheists have no compunction against saying, "OK" and then doing the opposite.


Just because we can backslide and lie about our beliefs doesn't mean we like doing it. That's not exactly "having it easy." And unspeakable tortures? Don't go giving yourself a martyr complex, now. Christians have dished out considerably more "unspeakable tortures" than they've ever received. Frankly, Christians have no room to play the victim. What goes around comes around, do unto others, what's good for the goose and all that rub.

As for the thread topic, well, I think you answered your own question.

Chuchulainn wrote:
kindness and accepting those different than you


Eh? Eh?



rideforever
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 412
Location: Brighton, UK

31 Aug 2007, 4:42 am

This is a very inflammatory thread n'est-ce pas.

There are no muslims or Christians, there are only individuals.



TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,313
Location: Stoke, uk

02 Sep 2007, 6:57 am

You don't even have to believe that christ was who he (reportedly) clamied to be to follow what he taught.

A lot of his teachings make sense without throwing the religious crap into it. To me, the people who are only nice to others because they're after the long term reward of going to heaven are going about things for the completely wrong reasons anyway. If hell exists they'll probably all go there instead.



Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 131
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,838
Location: Mount Herculaneum/England

02 Sep 2007, 7:46 am

No, no, no! Genocide of any group is wrong.


_________________
Lalalalai.... I'll cut you up!


TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,313
Location: Stoke, uk

02 Sep 2007, 8:45 am

Oh, and Muslims are basically Christians anyway. A rose by any other name is still a rose etc. It's like the catholic versus protestant thing that used to be such a big thing in years gone by. As both Christians and Muslims believe the same thing in my eyes, whatever you say should be done to Muslims should be done to yourself.

Although tbh, if you were to say that something should be done to another religious group, it probably means that you're not really a christian anyway. The word doublethink definitely applies here. Your views go against everything your religion stands for don't they? You're just using your religion as an excuse for xenophobia. Funny when you consider the fact that both christianity and Islam originate from the exact same place, neither of which is anywhere near the place you come from. You'd probably spit on jesus if you met him in the street for coming from the middle east.



Chuchulainn wrote:
This world is so f***ing screwed up. I wish I didn't have to share a planet with such immoral people.


You're the immoral one.


Do you even realise that Jesus is the second most revered prophet in islam, after Mohammed?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Jesus


x



EatingPoetry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 499
Location: Inside me 'ead, all alone.

02 Sep 2007, 3:00 pm

TechnoMonk wrote:
Do you even realise that Jesus is the second most revered prophet in islam, after Mohammed?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Jesus


x


And did you forget Jesus was a Jew?

And that Jesus was what would today be called a troll, a flamer, and all the rest. Overturning money tables, questioning authority etc. That's why the King of the Jews was crucified, remember?!


_________________
Winner of the very first Parakeet Award!


Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,231
Location: .....Russia

02 Sep 2007, 3:43 pm

no, christians should.