Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 10:27 am

What the...

PaulB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2005, 1:13 pm

A Stephen King musical? Does this mean that it is a musical written by Stephen King, or is it a musical inspired by the writings of Stephen King? I know that Mr. King has a band of fellow authors that do music, but I was always under the impression that they just did covers and didn't have any material of their own. I've been told that he isn't half bad at playing a guitar.

My thought is that this is probably a musical based on the writings of Mr. King. For some reason things like that are quite common in Chicago, and probably in any largish city. Chicago was home to the Torso Theatre's "Cannibal Cheerleaders on Crack," so we've seen quite a few strange productions. There is even someone doing a production of a musical version of "Carrie" called "SCarrie". I don't remember who or when they are doing that one, I just remember seeing the poster for it. I was paying attention to the graphic on the poster, and the stylized "SC," so I didn't really pay attention to what the poster actually said. Sometimes AS is so annoying.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 2:42 pm

PaulB wrote:
A Stephen King musical? Does this mean that it is a musical written by Stephen King, or is it a musical inspired by the writings of Stephen King? I know that Mr. King has a band of fellow authors that do music, but I was always under the impression that they just did covers and didn't have any material of their own. I've been told that he isn't half bad at playing a guitar.

My thought is that this is probably a musical based on the writings of Mr. King. For some reason things like that are quite common in Chicago, and probably in any largish city. Chicago was home to the Torso Theatre's "Cannibal Cheerleaders on Crack," so we've seen quite a few strange productions. There is even someone doing a production of a musical version of "Carrie" called "SCarrie". I don't remember who or when they are doing that one, I just remember seeing the poster for it. I was paying attention to the graphic on the poster, and the stylized "SC," so I didn't really pay attention to what the poster actually said. Sometimes AS is so annoying.

I believe the article I linked implied that it's an original work.

PaulB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2005, 6:13 pm

Serissa wrote:

Ok, that's cool. The link must be for a story-of-the-day kind of thing, because when I followed it I got to a story about John Mellencamp.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 11:21 pm

It sounds like Stephen King wrote the script, and whats-his-name is making songs and music for it.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2005, 12:05 pm

PaulB wrote:
Serissa wrote:

Ok, that's cool. The link must be for a story-of-the-day kind of thing, because when I followed it I got to a story about John Mellencamp.

Read down.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2005, 12:46 pm

They made a musical of Carrie in the 70s, it's now an extra on the DVD (unless I'm remembereing wrong and its just a non musical stage play).

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2005, 12:48 pm

yes, I checcked It is a musical on the DVD.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2005, 3:37 pm

tom wrote:
yes, I checcked It is a musical on the DVD.

OMG, I need to see that!! !!