do you think some people here make too many threads?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 9:21 am

I think it depends. If the threads that are being posted actually allow for discussion and are not basically repeats of each other (ie, posting one thread about one thing and then posting another thread about the exact same thing, then repeating that too), then I don't see why they shouldn't be posted.

Three years!

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 9:29 am

I respond to quite a few threads. I have only initiated a couple on Roger Bannister. I still respond to some of the older threads. A lot of the discussions are very interesting to me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:32 am

Pandora wrote:
Too many new threads means it's too hard to keep up, particularly when one has limited time to look at the forums. I agree with Ana54: some older topics are still of relevance to people today and there shouldn't be a big fuss about bringing some of them back from time to time.

I am also in agreement.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 2:03 pm

I've been thinking that lately the topics here are getting more interesting. I just don't bother reading the ones that I'm not interested in, like ones about AS which have already been discussed, but as there are new members joining all the time some subjects are bound to be repeated.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 9:12 am

Starbuline wrote:
:?:

Yes, but I guess, as long as they're of interest to some people... :)

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 1:01 pm

Well yeah some people on here do start an awful lot of posts and some are silly, but if you don't want to read it then don't. Though I do wonder if the server wouldn't go down as much if some of the excessive postings didn't occur. I think it just demonstrates which people have nothing else to do all day, but be on WP. Then again it may be certain people are just trying to hit X number of posts. I know when I was approaching the 1,000th post I was posting and responding even to the goofy posts. I just post now when I'm bored. I wish the Random forum hadn't gone to pot with all the polling type posts and there were some meaningful topics on it.

Last edited by Ticker on 03 Sep 2007, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamer2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2007, 1:18 pm

Let's make a lot of threads where we discuss excessive making of threads. Then let's make more threads about making too many threads about excessive making of threads. 8O

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 1:42 pm

I just relized that I should have started all those threads in the "Getting to knoweach other" forum... it says that forum is ALSO for introducing yourslef, not for JUST introducing yourself. :?