Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What usually happens when you express what you need?
I beat around the bush because I am shy 37%  37%  [ 19 ]
I beat around the bush because I am shy 37%  37%  [ 19 ]
I beat around the bush for the purpose of getting someone to play a guessing game 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
I beat around the bush for the purpose of getting someone to play a guessing game 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
I have no problem at all. Social interaction is easy for me. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
I have no problem at all. Social interaction is easy for me. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 52

earthmonkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2005, 8:19 pm

I also would wait for a while. In fourth grade, I would sometimes spend an hour trying to think of how to word my request to my teacher for a pencil in order to write an assignment.

--G. K. Chesterton, The Aristocrat

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2005, 10:14 pm

I have some trouble expressing myself.I usually just write in my journal or type in my blog.I can expalin myself better on paper(or internet).

:) SpaceCase :)

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 9:48 pm

I ahve problems expressing what I want. It takes a while for me to communicate it.

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2005, 5:25 pm

I don't communicate till the need becomes desperate and then I get angry and that makes communication easy for me but hard for the other person. If I do try to communicate before the need is desperate I apparently don't put enough "feeling" into my communication and no one listens because they think it is not important.

Since anger is the only emotion I know how to express it gets a lot of overuse in my world. I am much happier if I can just communicate with touch but no one gets what I am trying to say. :oops:

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2005, 11:13 pm

It depends on whom I'm asking. If it's family, I do a little sweet talk before I come right out and ask, especially if it's money. In public, I'm getting better at it, particularly in restaurants since I'm picky when it comes to food.